Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hi,
    I am looking to purchase a Samsung Focus which currently has 7.0 installed. I will be looking to update this to Mango. I am looking to build a barcode scanner app for this platform and I am wondering if the phone capabilities on this model allows you to capture the barcode without having to click on the camera button to take the picture. I know this was not possible on the 7.0 version.

Also, is the Samsung Focus upgradeable for future releases or is it limited to Mango. If so, then I guess the Samsung Focus S would be a better option?

Thanks

Global Posts
    1,214 Global Posts
    Barcode scanning is built into mango already. It is part of the search functions, plus qrcodes and microsoft tag codes.
    3346b76f
    Thanked by:
    Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rvenable View Post
    Hi,
    I am looking to purchase a Samsung Focus which currently has 7.0 installed. I will be looking to update this to Mango. I am looking to build a barcode scanner app for this platform and I am wondering if the phone capabilities on this model allows you to capture the barcode without having to click on the camera button to take the picture. I know this was not possible on the 7.0 version.

Also, is the Samsung Focus upgradeable for future releases or is it limited to Mango. If so, then I guess the Samsung Focus S would be a better option?

Thanks
    There is "Bing Vision" which does this, but if you are building your own then yes, it is possible. As of 7.5 there are new API which allow you to access the camera stream and do what you want with it.