Global Posts
    1,709 Global Posts
    If someone developed a killer gps app that allowed you to send a gpx file to Strava.com, it would be hugely popular with SF Bay Area cyclists. Id also offer to beta test it.
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....
    I know this thread is getting kind of cold but this idea interest me. As my Brother-In-Law is a biker, works at a bike shop and every friend he has is a biker, this might be something useful for me to develop.

Global Posts
    1,709 Global Posts
    I'm telling you, it would be enormously popular if you created an app that would feed directly to Strava. Or at the minimum, a gpx file you could email them.

Sent from my Samsung Omnia 7, the official WP of WeeBears everywhere, using Board Express
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by baseballbert View Post
    I'm telling you, it would be enormously popular if you created an app that would feed directly to Strava. Or at the minimum, a gpx file you could email them.
    I'm working on a WP7 app for keeping a list of waypoints in a route, storing and retrieving multiple routes, and tracking mileage/time, etc. The GPX file format is new to me and would have to be researched. But...

What do you mean by "enormously popular"? I see Strava has apple and android apps. Do you know many cyclists with Windows Phones?
    Thanks,
    Rick
    Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by webOSreboot View Post
    I'm working on a WP7 app for keeping a list of waypoints in a route, storing and retrieving multiple routes, and tracking mileage/time, etc. The GPX file format is new to me and would have to be researched. But...

What do you mean by "enormously popular"? I see Strava has apple and android apps. Do you know many cyclists with Windows Phones?
    Thanks,
    Rick
    It may be somewhat of a paradox. Hardcore cyclists would not switch phones without the app being available and no one will make the app without users.

My suggestion? Make the wave, don't just ride it.

Interesting. I already have an app in the marketplace that does GPS tracking for activities like cycling. Tracks: marketplace link

I could add GPX support pretty easily. The small hurdle would be uploading it to Strava. They don't seem to have 3rd party access to upload data, and we know transferring arbitrary files directly from the phone to PC isn't really possible. The only solution would be to save it to cloud storage like dropbox.

Quote Originally Posted by zoctan View Post
    Interesting. I already have an app in the marketplace that does GPS tracking for activities like cycling. Tracks: marketplace link

I could add GPX support pretty easily. The small hurdle would be uploading it to Strava. They don't seem to have 3rd party access to upload data, and we know transferring arbitrary files directly from the phone to PC isn't really possible. The only solution would be to save it to cloud storage like dropbox.
    When the app is done... Talk to the people over att GoPro and I'm sure they'll feature it. :)

That, my friend, would make a huge impact.

Current Phone: Nokia Lumia 920 Yellow (YAY!!)
    Future Phone:
    Previous Phones: Lumia 800, Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, HTC Hero, Iphone 3GS
    Carrier: 3 Sweden

Hi,

Me and a friend just released a 3rd party app that supports tracing and upload directly to strava.
    If you want to check it out, you can pick it up here:
    Strava app for Windows phone

Also, we set up a wordpress blog for communications:
    carlinapps.wordpress.com

Cheers,
    Brd

Global Posts
    1,709 Global Posts
    Nice! I should have my phone tomorrow and I will check it out.
    Not available for UK???

Strava | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)

It should be available everywhere:-)

Have you tried Bike Blackbox??

Bike Blackbox

It has the functionality to send the gpx file to your skydrive account
    Last edited by Ski Blackbox; 01-08-2013 at 09:17 AM.