- 06-25-2013, 03:57 PM #1
I'm working on a photo editing app that can save photos in its original resolution after editing. The app should be able to run on both WP7 and WP8.
(almost every existing photo app - especially on WP7 - saves photos in a strongly reduced format, typically ~1MP)
The first beta version should be available within two weeks from now. I will run the beta as a beta app in the Marketplace.
I'm currently finishing the last features for this first release and performing lots of testing.
So I'm looking for beta testers to give this app a spin once it is available.
I will post full details of the app and send out the app link to everyone who subscribed for beta testing once the app has been submitted.
If you already have any questions, just ask.
Thanks to everyone who wants to test this app!
Update: this beta is closed. The app has been released to the Windows Phone Store
Last edited by H2Bytes; 07-23-2013 at 10:49 AM.
- 07-03-2013, 07:41 AM #4
I'm glad to announce that the first beta version of the app "H2 Photo Edit FR" has been published to the Windows Phone Store.
Information about the app
H2 PhotoEdit FR is a full resolution photo editing app for Windows Phone 7 & 8
- Edit and save your photos in the original resolution (Smaller resolutions are also supported)
- Rotate and flip your photo
- Apply different filters to your photo
- Multiple filters can be applied to a photo before saving
More filers, effects end editing options will be added in future releases.
Last edited by H2Bytes; 07-23-2013 at 10:48 AM.
- 07-05-2013, 06:19 AM #5
Looks good so far, haven't found any bugs or anything that doesn't work.
I understand its a beta so your trying to see if it works and that, however it is lacking design, a panorama app would have been nice or something similar.
I would like a restore button so I don't have to search for the image if I want to revert the changes or go back a step.
Is there anyway to make the colorize filters only apply to colors as when that filter is apply to a picture that has a lot of black it looks strange, if you know what I mean
- 07-05-2013, 01:06 PM #6
Thank you for this feedback.
True undo capabilities would require quite a lot of memory and is not really feasible given the memory restrictions for an app on Windows Phone.
A Restore/Restart button might be possible. I'll look into that.
- 07-08-2013, 01:24 PM #7
Hi! When I try to edit a photo in full resolution with the resolution 2500 x 1667 it will open, but when I try to add a filter or transform it I get the error:
A problem occurred: Failed to load the filter Greyscale (or whatever filter I try to use).
Click OK to send this message to the developer so the problem can be fixed.
Click Cancel to close this message.
- 07-09-2013, 02:03 AM #8
I can reproduce the issue and have identified the cause (difference between reported resolution by WP and the actual size of the photo). This seems to happen for some specific resolutions.
It will be fixed in the next beta release.
07-09-2013, 07:08 AM #9
- 10 Posts
Great app. I used this app several times, since yesterday. Overall the app is good. I think you should improve the following:
1) The app's icon doesn't look very good with the big "FR" written just below the logo.
2)You could bring the toolbar below the picture instead of above.
3) You could could change the icons (specially the icons in filters) and make them a little smaller.
4) You could also increase the number of filters.
The app worked really well so far and I really like the options to choose the resolution of edited image and its quality.
- 07-09-2013, 02:25 PM #10
- By Jochem Toolenaar in forum Developers Beta TestingReplies: 4Last Post: 05-09-2013, 07:42 PM
- By nathanb131 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 01-17-2013, 11:36 AM
- By rbrunner in forum Developers Beta TestingReplies: 5Last Post: 04-26-2012, 10:47 PM
- By DreamnautJames in forum Windows Phone GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 03-13-2012, 04:36 PM
- By 1mahesh in forum Developers CornerReplies: 0Last Post: 11-05-2011, 06:09 PM