- 06-19-2013, 03:42 PM #1
Digital Audio Book simple and convenient player audiobooks. Remembers the current book, the last position in the book, that bookmarks, sleep timer.
When using a local server to download you decide how book will look in the player, if in chapter 18, there is a map of caves, just add this map image in the 18th chapter, if the second chapter begins verse, add them to the description of the chapter. Aggregate sound, image and text of literature together.
- Playing in the background
- Storing the current book
- Last position memory for each audio file
- Custom bookmarks
- Sleep Timer
- Loading of the book through SkyDrive, via podcast or a local server - separate utility http://sdrv.ms/1aiM1Yr
- Voice control of player, voice commands to continue playing, adding bookmarks, stop playing with the ability to complete the application (English (United States), русский only)
- Live Tiles, both for application and for books
- Quick track navigation
- Volume control
In trial mode:
- No ads
- Two downloaded books
- Two custom bookmarks on the book
- You can not change the time of the sleep timer (10 minutes by default)
- Application settings not available
HowTo: Download a book via SkyDrive
HowTo: Download the book using a local server
The latest version of the local server, absolutely free, always available on SkyDrive.
Digital Audio Book | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
- 06-20-2013, 11:37 AM #3
Version 188.8.131.52 is certified in the market.
- SkyDrive Explorer is improved. Added thumbnails, thumbnails for folders, you can disable setting "request thumbnails for SkyDrive folders" (off by default). For images smaller than 512 Kb program are calculated and cached thumbnails, thumbnails for larger files is queried through API SkyDrive are not cached.
- With SkyDrive does not download files with long names are not in Latin.
- If you do "logout SkyDrive" and pages weekly, an error occurred.
- Select the folders or files to SkyDrive, go out from the page, then go to the downloads page, an error occurred.
- Minor bug fixes
- 06-25-2013, 04:04 PM #6
The project now contains a 6.7 thousand lines of code, and that's not counting the XAML markup and server application that all of this code was written without regard to WP7. Easier to rewrite than to refactor all into WP7. It is always easier to upgrade than downgrade. Perhaps in the future when I will implement all the ideas that are now being planned, but yet support WP7 is not planned. Sorry.
- 06-25-2013, 04:18 PM #7
Adam, can you try to use a local server to load books via the Zune as podcasts. Podcasts remember last play position.
In the video, which was posted shows how to do this, then just need to sync the podcast with the device.
Here is the link to download http://sdrv.ms/1aiM1Yr
The more Digital Audio Book Server totally free:)
- 06-29-2013, 08:02 AM #10
Me a mail error has come from you, on the error a few questions:
1. What is the Digital Audio Book version you have installed? Just I was sure that this type of error I corrected in version 184.108.40.206.
2. Can you describe the steps that lead to the error?
- 06-30-2013, 04:51 AM #11
The error occurred when in SkyDrive I tried to download the last tracks of my current audiobook including the JPG cover. When I deselected the JPG there were no problem. I´m on 220.127.116.11
The app seems awesome this far other then that :-)
Last edited by Adam Lindholm; 06-30-2013 at 02:07 PM.
- 07-07-2013, 06:41 AM #12
OK so I have used to app for some time now and it is awesome. I havn´t come a across the problem mentioned above on any other books...
One problem though. When I have listened on a book and then paused it to listen to Spotify and then return to the book it has forgot its location and just gone back to 0:00 on the current track.
Also, I love the slider to scroll through the current file. Would it be possible to make it more precise? For example if you mark the slider and drag it downwards it becomes more precise as lower as you get? Do you know what I mean? :-)
- 07-07-2013, 07:52 AM #13
I've noticed this problem. When you turn on another play, the system replaces my process, and sends me off to the point that I'm trying to remember at this point position, but in the play queue already track the other player. Turns out the error, users do not see it, because it occurs behind the process, but I get messages about them in the developer dashboard.
I corrected this, I added the Save current position on every call to pause. So if you want to switch to another player or Watch youtube videos before this action is desirable for DAB pause.
Now about the slider position. As you know its accuracy depends on the length of the track, the longer the file, the less precision. But the offset occurs when the slider is released, but time display moves.
If you have other ideas how to implement slider is ready to listen.
Update will be available next week, barring anything unforeseen.
- 07-08-2013, 02:59 AM #14
Great news that you are on top of the issue.
OK I understand that the slider depends on how long the track is, logical :-) But when I used Android back in the day I had an audio book player that when you marked the position and dragged it back and forth and the lower you dragged it the "slower" the sliding became, giving the affect of being more precise... Do you know what I mean? It works OK today but when I release the slider its skips somewhat
- 07-10-2013, 12:14 PM #16
The new version has passed certification today
- In the preview page, tab books, was injected with the list of chapters. Allows you to download only selected chapters/files is convenient when downloading podcasts and when there is not enough space on the device, when downloading with resources that you don't control, such as external RSS. There is possible to invert the order of the chapters is also useful when downloading podcasts, new releases, usually in fide are older than before. Added menu item "how much enough space", chooses the number of chapters on the basis of available free space on the device, starting from the first dedicated chapter.
- Refined management background of the player solves the problem stop playback when switching tracks when using a bluethooth headset.
- Fixed the animation.
- Not remember the latter position when start another player, even if the Digital Audio Book is in pause mode. Now remembering position occur each time pause. Attention!!! If you do not pause Digital Audio Book and start another player, in this case, the last location will not be saved.
- Getting the length of an audio file from SkyDrive.
- Minor bug fixes.
- New interface settings page. Settings are separated into logical groups and placed on separate pages.
Video: (podcast in russian)
- 07-14-2013, 02:47 AM #19
OK so I have tested a couple of scenarios. One with the game Harbor Master and the other with Spotify with the same end result.
I listen to to audiobook -> hit pause -> posh the "home button" -> start the game Harbor Master (with sound) -> close the game with "back button" -> hold the "back button" and then choose audiobook again and the current file is back to 0:00.
The strange thing is that if I choose to play the game with sound of, this doesnt happen...
Although, I just tested to close the audiobook player instead och leaving it in the background when doing the same ase above and it remembers the bookmark perfectly in this case :-)
- 07-14-2013, 05:30 AM #20
Yes I confirm that application has a problem. The fact of the matter is that Spotify is not supported in my country so I tested it on the same service, and it probably works a little differently. I now bring the problem and corrected it.
p.s. Adam, please check your email.
- 07-19-2013, 12:35 AM #21
It is more of a stabilization version, fixed many bugs, new features added is not very much.
- The new setting "invert the behavior of standard rewind buttons". When configuring a single tap will result in rewinding the track, long tap to switch to the next/previous track. As a rewind time will be used a configure "player rewind in seconds"
- The new setting "use bookmarks in the management system controls". When you switch tracks or rewound by using system components or with headsets will use bookmarks the last positions.
- In the library context menu items added "mark as listened" and "mark as not listened", is not active at the moment play this book.
- Error: Animation target not specified.
- Error processing when the user refused to enter credentials SkyDrive.
- More intuitive for the user handles the error when the application cannot determine the length of a file, for example, the file is corrupted or was in the process of transferring a file or program, provided that is not a media file (for example replace the extension).
- Removing a book from the library, sometimes calling a deletion via the context menu does not work.
- If you go to the downloads page in SkyDrive, go back to the library, then back to the downloads page to SkyDrive (the list is populated with data of the previous call), switch to selection mode, error "Value does not fall within the expected range."
- Added "settings" item in the menu, AppBar on the SkyDrive tab of download page.
New antifeatures :)
- Added to undernourishment by buy application, works on the number of launches. If you do not want to buy the app is your deal, simply will appear from time to time, a reminder that work in trial mode.
- Added to undernourishment about the need to rate the application in the store. Rating apps in the store takes into account not only the number of downloads, no falls, but the user reviews. Works on the number of launches. The reminder will not appear in the purchased applications they have already voted with their money. If you have already rate the application prior to this update, accept the apology, simply agree to give feedback and get out of the store.
p.s. Adam, thank you for your help in testing.
07-22-2013, 01:57 PM #22
- 2 Posts
Your app is great, but after the last update i run into the following problem (Lumia 925, over bluetooth): after the second track of an audiobook the player stops at the very beginning of the third track. when i try to start this track per hand it does not work. I need to start the fourth track and then i can go back to the third track and it works for the next two tracks. Do you have any idea what went wrong or any solution for this problem? Could it be a problem regarding the new Nokia patch?
Thank you very much in advance,
- 07-22-2013, 03:08 PM #23
If this is the problem, I think, the problem is more likely to occur when playing via bluetooth. I am struggling with it since the very first version and met her on other players, such as Audiobook Reader.
The symptoms of such track starts playing, and then stops at the control with the headset is not responding, to the control program does not respond, helps only turn off Digital Audio Book and most importantly turn off bluetooth headsets. Following reconnection everything works as usual.
Yet sometimes helps, restarting play from the headset, wait 10 seconds and press play, but there are cases when this does not help.
I installed the debug version of the Digital Audio Book, constantly logging, as the player itself, and the background process and error does not occur, simply magic stops playing and all.
In the latest version I redid a background player for playback, this reduced the number of stops, now they occur much less frequently, but still remained.
It is suspected that the problem of the same series as in this thread Bluetooth Issues on Windows Phone 8
07-31-2013, 10:26 AM #25
- 1 Posts
Maybe a dumb question, but right I don't use WP and do some research if it would make sense for me to switch:
can't I just put my audiobooks onto the SD card? One folder for every book and an image file for the cover? This is how Android audio book players work, is this also possible with WP?
- By Slai in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 9Last Post: 02-08-2014, 09:19 AM
- By Dmitry Naboychenko in forum Developers Beta TestingReplies: 3Last Post: 06-05-2013, 03:45 PM
- By mark300 in forum Developer SpotlightReplies: 0Last Post: 09-08-2011, 08:37 AM
- By mark300 in forum Developer SpotlightReplies: 1Last Post: 09-05-2011, 08:34 AM
- By HeyCori in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-02-2011, 03:02 PM