Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Kellzea
  • 2 Post By crash1989
  • 1 Post By Kellzea
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,495 Global Posts
    If you are interested in F1 this is the app for you. I was interested in Ergast Formula 1 API for a long time but it seems the windows phone Formula 1 apps were all too simple or too slow. Please note the API I used doesn't provide Live Timing, it is something controlled by Formula 1 and they are banning everyone who is using their data and the app for F1 on android is ~ 28 $

Although I did like Divum's F1 live to some extent, I honestly thought I might have made the UI more Modern. It didn't fit in with the design principles.

So I made an exhaustive app from Ergast's API cleverly titled F1 Results. This app has all the info you need for every race including driver lap times, pitstops, fastest laps, improvements, standings, profile and few other goodies. I know it is a 14MB app but it seemed content and design were very important.

Here is the store link and QR Code

F1 Results | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Here are a few images I picked up from the store
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,495 Global Posts
    The F1 Results app is featured on the Gallery Page of Ergast API. Check it out here ergast.com/mrd/gallery#f1results .

Good to be recognized yet again :D.
    Thanked by:
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,495 Global Posts
    If ppl in this forum have been using this app. I know there is an issue with the review popup , the update for the app is now published on the store as V1.1.1 , please get it asap to fix that issue. I have also Tweeted it out just in case and yeah, the F1 Girls Jump Lists have also been fixed.

wp_ss_20130625_0001.jpgwp_ss_20130625_0002.pngwp_ss_20130625_0003.jpg
    Last edited by crash1989; 06-24-2013 at 06:54 PM.

Downloading right now! I LOVE F1. So massive thanks
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,495 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellzea View Post
    Downloading right now! I LOVE F1. So massive thanks
    Grt, pls do PM me for any bugs or issues or needed features. Also please rate the app in the store . Thanks a lot

Will do
    crash1989 likes this.
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,495 Global Posts
    Ok, I tweeted this out

Massive Flickr outage since yesterday. The issue seems to be with Unauthenticated search calls to Flickr and I cannot do anything. Please be patient, many apps are also failing on the same.

Right now you should be able to access the photos better since the F1 girls page is not crashing. This pictures section is becoming a major headache in my app :(
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,495 Global Posts
    Hi Guys,

Just had a massive update published to the app. Now the app has beautiful live tiles, lockscreen integration, Tweets from Teams and Drivers, Social Sharing for F1 Girls images.

Here are a few screenshots, thanks for the positive ratings and reviews.

.jpgb.jpgc.jpgd.jpge.jpgf.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails g.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    Muessig and Kellzea like this.

Good work sir :) amazing app. Brilliant dev. Loving the constant support
    Thanked by:
    crash1989 likes this.
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,495 Global Posts
    Well, I am again in a fight with Formula 1. It seems after all the care I took to not infringe on F1 logos, my app somehow is violating the F1 trademark.

I have no idea where, but I think they see the F1 icon and F1 results as somehow infringing the F1 trademark WTF ....

Now I have to remove the app from the store , correct the issues and re-submit it back. Story of the pathetic life of a simple developer who does not have the power to battle legally against big corporations.

I will remove the app in a few hours and I guess many other apps are going to face the same issues.

That's really sad. Its not as if they have a competing app.

Change the name to something genric like "premier motorsport results" or "the first formula" something they cant get pissy about. Also, tweet some celebs who like f1 to back you. They normally back down from pr stinks if you can cause one.

Ill help in any way i can.
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,495 Global Posts
    it seems android had this issue a month back and look at how many apps were removed or changed. It seems I have to change the app name and title.

I have contacted the Legal team of F1 and will work with them on a viable solution. I already knew live timing was banned but Bernie Ecclestone you can enjoy your billions

Formula One Live timing for Android Archive Moishe Beshkin
    Last edited by crash1989; 07-21-2013 at 08:28 AM.

wwwoooo!! looks good! I'll give this ago when i get home!!
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,495 Global Posts
    Hey,

You should do it quick, since I have unpublished the app and it might not be visible in a few hours.

It will come back with a different name when I sort stuff out with legal teams.
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,495 Global Posts
    The legal team have replied and sent me this screenshot. Somebody please tell me how this infringes on the F1 trademark.

f1.png

So this means all the apps below are in trouble if they haven't authorized. Please help me if possible how to get Authorization from F1 since I read in many forums that they alone hold the right to that name. I am no lawyer and do not understand all this detailed stuff.

capture.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by crash1989 View Post
    The legal team have replied and sent me this screenshot. Somebody please tell me how this infringes on the F1 trademark.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f1.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	469.9 KB 
ID:	37245

So this means all the apps below are in trouble if they haven't authorized. Please help me if possible how to get Authorization from F1 since I read in many forums that they alone hold the right to that name. I am no lawyer and do not understand all this detailed stuff.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	134.7 KB 
ID:	37246
    Change the app name to "Race Results" and remove all references to Formula One or F1 and provide results for F1 and other racing stuff.
    Place F1 in a section or something.
    Reviver of Forum Games! I'm TheWPCTraveler over on Nintendo Life, as well.

3DS Friend Code: 1779-1560-3109 | NNID: TheWPCTraveler
    Devices: Lumia 630, ASUS T100, Nintendo 3DS XL.
    Now Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Useful Forums Shortcuts:
    Alt-S: Post
    Ctrl-I: Italicize
    Ctrl-B: Bold/Emphasize
    Ctrl-U: Underline
    Alt-F4: Try it out!
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,495 Global Posts
    After long useless mails , I finally updated my app and changed the name Formul@.0ne Results (that is a zero , so nothing infringes on F1 or any of their names now).

Please find the new app and update it if you haven't already. You won't find any mention of F1 in the app unless it is a website name or their twitter account.

Formul@.0ne Results | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (भारत)

Thanks for your thoughts people, really appreciate it.

@WanderingTraveller the app was meant for F1 and I can't introduce other categories into it right now.
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,495 Global Posts
    Updated to V2.1.0 ... Text and background changes were imminent . Also fixed Deustch Region's issues with HERE maps circuit location tracker.

Developer

Global Posts
    1,495 Global Posts
    New Season warrants a upgrade in the app in terms of design, features and bug fixes . That's what I've been upto the last 2 weeks.

Here is the finished app showcase image
    f1-results.jpg

The app has a new design with better visibility of elements, less prone to crashing on lower end devices like the 520, has better track maps and data regarding a race and support for high res devices is now implemented.

A lot more changes have been done underneath and I hope the 4.5 star rating with over 300 reviews keeps marching ahead to a 5 star average :) .

here is the link F1™ Results | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) ohh and btw love some feedback

obligatory qr code
    qrcode.png