Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Keith Wallace
  • 1 Post By walter1832
  • 1 Post By Zeroplanetz
  1.    #1  
    Hi everyone !

In order to promote our new game, Vector Beat, an exclusive music game for Windows Phone, we’re setting up a little contest, with 3 licences for the full version as rewards !

For more info about Vector Beat, visit its page in the store : Vector Beat | Store Applications+Jeux Windows Phone (France)

As I don’t know any « official » way to offer the game, the winners will be registered as “beta testers”, of a “full version” being accessible to a selected users. Thus, the winners will have to provide their Live ID (don't worry, we won't give it to anyone). And, if they want to, they will be granted access to the Beta test community page, to test in exclusivity the upcoming evolutions of the game.

To contest, simply let a post as a reply, before 02/26, at 7h30 PM (Edit : GMT + 1 ). I’ll proceed to the draw, and announce the result here. I’ll register the Live IDs, and the winners will be able to play a few hours later.

Good luck ! 
    Last edited by Roland Tomczak; 02-25-2013 at 12:44 PM.
  2.    #2  
    (btw.. please forgive my English, I'm French, so the above post is probably full of mistakes !)

Sounds awesome. This is a good thing you are doing. English is very good.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks :-) I've planned to make this contest a few days ago, and I'm quite surprised that nobody else seems to have already done such an event !

Nice, don't know how I missed this one.

Would be nice to incorporate music more into games.
    Entering this. Like the game, though think it would be a great one if you added the ability to use your own music, like with the games Audiosurf and Beat Hazard.
    Thanked by:
    Zeroplanetz likes this.

Question... are you looking into ways to bring in our own music on our phones to play with?
  9.    #9  
    Good Idea Keith & Zeroplanetz. It's definitely planned to study how we could do this in the future. The problem is : How to use randomly generated content whilst maintaining a good gameplay ? We've choosen to use predefined music to tune the concept and the gameplay... and, event it's good, it's still not perfect, there's still progress to be done :-)
    Last edited by Roland Tomczak; 02-25-2013 at 01:28 PM.

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Vive les Bleus!
    Roland Tomczak likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland Tomczak View Post
    Good Idea Keith & Zeroplanetz. It's definitely planned to study how we could do this in the future. The problem is : How to use randomly generated content whilst maintaining a good gameplay ? We've choosen to use predefined music to tune the concept and the gameplay... and, event it's good, it's still not perfect, there's still progress to be done :-)
    Not sure if it's feasible, but you could try to get ahold of the developers of the games I mentioned, show them your game, then maybe ask them how they incorporated user-chosen music into the game.

Or design game play around certain genres that we pick? And or maybe for it to recognize the songs tempo somehow?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroplanetz View Post
    Or design game play around certain genres that we pick? And or maybe for it to recognize the songs tempo somehow?
    The tempo is one thing, but sadly not the lone.. For example, in Vector Beat, you often have to play with both hands (they're 2, or even 3 cores onscreen). Not only is each core associated with a track / a drum part, but the moving / rotation of the cores are thought to "reflect", in a way, the structure of the song. I guess that it's the same in guitar hero.. A level is smithed for one song. It's quite hard to determine all this from an analysis of the music spectrum.

I remember of a PS2 dancing game, claiming that it was able to generate the levels from your CD.. In fact, it was always the same 10 patterns that were randomly performed.. the rythm was quite respected, but as the paces weren't respecting the music "theme", it was not convincing at all ! :(

I Wonder if releasing the level editor, with the ability to export / import levels from skydrive wouldn't be more adapted. But it's not for now :-)

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Sounds like a really fun game, and seeing the rip-off price of Guitar Hero, could be pretty decent.

Nice to have devs in the community too!

The tempo is one thing, but sadly not the lone.. For example, in Vector Beat, you often have to play with both hands (they're 2, or even 3 cores onscreen). Not only is each core associated with a track / a drum part, but the moving / rotation of the cores are thought to "reflect", in a way, the structure of the song. I guess that it's the same in guitar hero.. A level is smithed for one song. It's quite hard to determine all this from an analysis of the music spectrum.

I remember of a PS2 dancing game, claiming that it was able to generate the levels from your CD.. In fact, it was always the same 10 patterns that were randomly performed.. the rythm was quite respected, but as the paces weren't respecting the music "theme", it was not convincing at all ! :(

I Wonder if releasing the level editor, with the ability to export / import levels from skydrive wouldn't be more adapted. But it's not for now :-)
    yes interesting. If I can come up with an idea I'll definitely pass it your way. Also thanks for taking time to listen and reply.

On PS2, at least the older models, you were actually supposed to be able to add your own songs to Guitar Hero by modding the console. In newer Rock Band titles, they also had user-submitted tracks of ACTUAL songs. Maybe a little research into those would help?

This game seems legit. would love a copy

so is this all I have to do, leave a comment?
    This looks great, fingers crossed!
    Developer

Global Posts
    3,773 Global Posts
    Sweet, sign me up!
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8), Meme 8 Ball (WP8)

20.    #20  
    It's 19h30 in Toulouse, France... So the contest is closed :) I'll proceed to the draw in a few minutes and give the results here .. :-)

It's 19h30 in Toulouse, France... So the contest is closed :) I'll proceed to the draw in a few minutes and give the results here .. :-)
    �� pick me pick me haha. Just messing. But awesome your pro active on this ��
  22.    #22  
    And our happy happy winners, just drawn out of an innocente saucepan (lol) are ....

* drum rolls *

• Hammered Pizza
    • Troylytle
    • Sinime

Congratulation, and thanks everyone for playing !

The winners will receive a private message, containing the game link, and asking them for their Live ID (just the email, of course, not the password !). The game won't be accessible until I register them.

To everyone, if you enjoy trying the demo (or the full game :)), please let a kind evaluation.. I don't actually have any evaluation on the US market, so the game is not very attractive on the store.. If you don't like the game, don't hesitate to let me comment here, I'll continue to follow this thread, and I'll try to take them in account for the updates and future versions !

Have fun :-)
    Thanked by:

Gratz to de winners!

And our happy happy winners, just drawn out of an innocente saucepan (lol) are ....

* drum rolls *

• Hammered Pizza
    • Troylytle
    • Sinime

Congratulation, and thanks everyone for playing !

The winners will receive a private message, containing the game link, and asking them for their Live ID (just the email, of course, not the password !). The game won't be accessible until I register them.

To everyone, if you enjoy trying the demo (or the full game :)), please let a kind evaluation.. I don't actually have any evaluation on the US market, so the game is not very attractive on the store.. If you don't like the game, don't hesitate to let me comment here, I'll continue to follow this thread, and I'll try to take them in account for the updates and future versions !

Have fun :-)
    damn ;)
    Roland Tomczak likes this.
  25.    #25  
    FYI, as a "special launch price", I've reduced the price of the game to 0.99 € ! :-)