Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hello everyone,

since I was dissatisfied with Bing wallpapers, but still I wanted a new image every day, I developed my own app: 500 Backgrounds, which gets the background from 500px. The app link is here!

For those who don't know what 500px is: we're talking about a photography social networking website, just like Flickr, just a lot more professional. My app, designed in Metro *cough* Modern style, lets you browse Popular pics and the Editor's Choice; you can save, share and set a picture as background or you can let the app choose a new background for you everyday.

I'm looking for suggestions: what features do you want on an app like this? Right now, I'm adding different update intervals for the lock screen (1 day, 2 days, 3 days..), but I'd love to have some new idea from end users! ;)

installed it, looks pretty nice. Needs update intervals. The other apps allow you to set it as low as 30 minutes.

Thanks for the tip. Do you think that intervals should go between 30 minutes and 7 days?

Thanks for the feedback, if you like the app, please review it ;)

I would definitely want the shorter intervals to be there like 30 mins, 1 hour, 3 hour rather than days. Max interval of 1 day is fine I guess. :)

Thanks, I'll put short intervals in the next release. I think I'll put 0,5/1/3/6/24/48/72 hours.

2-3 days are good intervals too, I think. I would use this settings, because shorter intervals drain battery and consume more data.

Update 1.1 is on the store, now with customizable update intervals for the background. It'll be free until Sunday, then on the lowest price tier (0.99$/€).

Try it and tell me what you'd like to have in this app! ;)