Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Alex_JS

Moon 3D / Moon 3D Free
    Version: 2.8

1.png2.png

Moon 3D started a year ago on Windows Phone. It now has more than 160,000 downloads and an average global rating of 4.5 (3000 reviews).

Moon 3D still calculates and displays the current moon phase - this hasn't changed. But it got some new nice features.

What makes Mood 3D different from other moon phase apps in the marketplace is that it uses a 3D model of the moon that lets you even rotate the moon to see the far side of the moon. You may ask: what is it good for? Well, it's just fun and it looks cool.

And another nice feature is the design editor. It lets you change and select the foreground and background images and all the colors and info that you like to be shown. There are some predefined designs to choose from, too (e.g. somean animated winter scene and an animated background).

The freshly updated version (v 2.8) is available now. It comes in a free ad-supported and in a paid version for $2.49.

• Shows the current phase of the moon
    • Calculates the rise and set times of the moon and sun for a given day
    • In the calendar view you can see at a glance when there is a Full Moon or a New Moon this month
    • Explore Mode: you can rotate the moon, zoom-in to explore its surface
    • Built-in compass function, that shows you the current position of the moon
    • Apogee / perigee of the moon

Supported languages: Dutch, English,
    French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish

Download here:

Moon 3D Free

Moon 3D

Last edited by Alex_JS; 07-26-2013 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Version 2.8
    WorzelGummage likes this.

Global Posts
    1,059 Global Posts
    I have to agree. This is one of my favourite apps which I've been using for a while.

Hi WorzelGummage,

nice to hear. I sometimes think I got blind about what the users really want.

What do you think: are there features in Moon 3D that could/should be omitted or other features that are missing?

Regards, Alex

Global Posts
    1,059 Global Posts
    Actually, the app is very feature rich and nothing should be taken out. However, one important feature you may want to consider would be the addition of tidal information. That would be very useful for fishermen and others that need to know when the next high and low tides will be. I only mention this because the tides are linked to the phases of the moon.

Once again though, it's a great app and well worth the asking price.

Hi WorzelGummage, thanks your reply. I'm coming from the North Sea and I remember I used to have a tidal calendar. It was very useful, indeed. I will check if its feasible to integrate such a feature.
    Developer

nice one>!

An updated version 2.4 of Moon 3D is available since today. It brings some improvements and bug-fixes.

Version 2.9 will come with Turkish and Portuguese translation.