Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Paddle Quest

Description -

Paddle quest takes the idea of a pong clone to a different level with attributes and power ups. Slowly level up your paddle by playing against the AI and earning Paddle Points to purchase new power ups. Keep track of your stats with a bar graph that helps you visualize your wins, losses, rebounds, spins, and drags.

Plans -
    Multiplayer is currently under development and achievements will be added in the future.

Marketplace Link - Paddle Quest | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

QR Code -
    download.png
    Pictures -
    wp_ss_20121231_0006.png
    wp_ss_20121231_0002.jpgwp_ss_20121231_0005.jpg
    Interesting game. Will have to give it a try...
    George Ponder
    Reviews Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email: george.ponder@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @coppertop004

Thank you, if you have any suggestions feel free to post them here or use the "Contact Us" button in game. Also make sure to leave a review if you have time.
    Downloading now and I'll check it out and maybe post a review here if I like it! Perhaps Mr. Ponder will do the same in a more official capacity!

Can't get past the username screen. No matter what I type in it says "enter a valid username".

May I ask what username you are using? Ill check the Database, also no spaces, cant be longer than 14 characters.

EDIT: I tried entering "freestaterocker" just to make sure the verification was working, and it is throwing a green light for me. That also doesnt exist in the Database, so I would try a restart and re-enter the username you want to use. Its possible there may have been a hiccup in connecting. Would love to know the usernames tried, and if this resolves the issue, so I can get to the bottom of this. Thanks!
    Last edited by Not_Possible_Industries; 01-20-2013 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Helping freestaterocker
    I was gonna try freestaterocker but it's 15 characters. I'll give it a shot!

UPDATE: Just tried freestaterocker and it was, in fact, too long. I shortened it to freestaterockr, which I tried before with no luck, and it worked fine! May have been a temporary server issue or something. (I'm not a dev) I haven't played the game yet, though. Wanted to update you ASAP.

Just played a quick game. A couple initial thoughts: seems as though you programmed only for 1280x768? I have a Samsung Ativ S, which is 1280x720 so I would lose sight of the ball when it would bounce off the sides. It would be a good idea to include support for the narrower 720p screens. Also, it would be nice to see an option for touch controls, even though the limited speed of the accelerometer controls DO add a bit of a strategic challenge. Only one issue I would consider major: my screen dimmed while playing. You need to include whatever feature is required to keep people's screens from timing out mid-game.

All that being said, I love the overall concept! Fix the resolution and timing out issues and add some achievements and you've got yourself a title well worthy of the Xbox moniker! And one I would not hesitate to drop a few bucks on!
    Last edited by freestaterocker; 01-20-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Awesome, I'm glad you got it worked out. Cant wait to hear what you think about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not_Possible_Industries View Post
    Awesome, I'm glad you got it worked out. Cant wait to hear what you think about it.
    I updated my post with some initial observations.

Awesome, I have already pulled up my game and fixed the screen dimming issues. Thank you for alerting me to the screen resolutions issues, pretty simple fix, just hadn't thought of it. I also already have an update in for submission that adds 3 basic achievements (not Xbox of course), and plan on adding a lot more.

Thank you for your input, I am glad you enjoyed it and I hope you'll recommend it to your friends :).
    Are you developing the title for any other platforms? I only have one or two friends on Windows Phone... I will absolutely recommend it to them, though.

Sadly I dont have any plans as of right now, independent developer so time is already hard to come by and Awesome, thank you. Also I sent you a message about the resolution bug, just a few questions. Thanks. :)

Hey,Just downloaded and its okay but have to mention that the ai isn't very good at all, found it repetitive and that i could leave the paddle in certain situations and the ball would always be returned to that position, therefore i could just leave it sitting there building up my xp doing literally nothing! Otherwise not bad, but need to improve controls slightly too, maybe have option to swap how the accelerometer works, doing it the opposite direction!