Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By willied
  • 1 Post By willied

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Hey Everyone,

Our newest game Bartender has just been posted on windowsphone store Bartender | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    For those of you who do recognize it, Yes its a classic remake-like of the hit arcade game Tapper.
    Its super fun with lots of levels and secret bonus level, you'll get hours of fun with this game and its captivating music and sound effects.

What are you waiting for? go D/L and dont forget to give us your feedback and rating.

Global Posts
    714 Global Posts
    I would suggest offering a trial. You'll get more buyers that way.
    ambroShuS likes this.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Hey Willied,
    Thanks for the tip, have you had much expirienced with trial version for apps? what do you think is the best option to interest the user but also not having the user abuse the trial? do you often use time-based trials or launch numbers based trials? can you share some numbers?

Thanks.

Global Posts
    714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by future_soft View Post
    Hey Willied,
    Thanks for the tip, have you had much expirienced with trial version for apps? what do you think is the best option to interest the user but also not having the user abuse the trial? do you often use time-based trials or launch numbers based trials? can you share some numbers?

Thanks.
    I haven't made any apps myself, but it's very unlikely I'll buy something if I can't test it out first. You could either have a trial where there is full functionality with ads, or if you don't like that then you could have the trial work for say a day, or however long you like. It's up to you, of course, but I think you should at least test it out with having a trial, and see if that helps your app revenue. I do see you got a review for it yesterday, that should definitely help with someone else's decision on buying it along with a trial. Good luck!
    Last edited by willied; 12-04-2012 at 09:28 AM.
    ambroShuS likes this.

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    What the **** is an OZ? Meeeeeeeeetric plz.
    Very fun game! Thanks! Well worth the $1.49
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by Oktay Gardener View Post
    What the **** is an OZ? Meeeeeeeeetric plz.
    It's an American bar ok? =)
    "Bro, you know I lift cause I use a Lumia 920..."

OZ is a wheel from Italia.
    Banned

Offer first few levels as a trial like Mirrors Edge

No trial = no buy, if you don't feel like I will enjoy the game after getting a trial, why should I pay money and gamble?
    The typical fashions of offering a trial are to either make it ad-supported (so you get some ad revenue if people who would not buy it otherwise only use the free game) or at least a short-term trial, either a timed one (some apps offer something like a one-hour trial version) or by levels (some offer a restricted number of levels).

I'm not one for buying apps, to be quite honest. However, I have $10 in Microsoft Store cash from Bing Rewards to buy apps, so if I WAS to buy a game, I'd like to be able to see if I like it first.