- 09-04-2013, 11:52 AM #1
Does any one know if I was to buy an sim only handset would it work on carries with 4g, the only reason I ask is I have seen reports that you need an update from the carrier that enables 4g in order to use this service, would this be the case with an unbranded handset and would I receive the update?
- 09-04-2013, 02:25 PM #2
I do believe that you have to have a 4G contract, therefore if you have a 3G contract at the moment and wish to upgrade you will need new sim, of course transferring your existing number to new sim.
- 09-04-2013, 04:29 PM #4
well lets get some things straight...4G LTE and faux-G HSPA+ are not the same.
If you want real 4G LTE you will need a phone that supports ATT or T-Mos LTE bands. You would then be very limited to who you could go with to get LTE, you can go with T-Mo prepaid or ATT GoPhone prepaid. They are the only options for real 4G LTE. Everyone else is faux-G which is really just 3G. SIM has no bearing on it, whoever's service you go with will give you the SIM necessary for the service they sell.
- By cereal killer in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 138Last Post: 09-09-2013, 04:18 PM
- By RainbowChild in forum Nokia Lumia 820Replies: 6Last Post: 09-09-2013, 04:06 AM
- By AndyCalling in forum Nokia Lumia 820Replies: 17Last Post: 09-04-2013, 02:02 PM
- By whatup12 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 5Last Post: 08-20-2013, 10:00 AM
- By jrjr488 in forum Nokia Lumia 925Replies: 1Last Post: 08-17-2013, 05:20 PM