Global Posts
    1,295 Global Posts
    Here is a question I can't find an answer on. Verizon's LTE network requires a SM card now, so Verizon is moving towards the SIM card model. I have a HTC 8X with a LTE SIM in it.

The question I have, is Verizon's LTE SIM cards like GSM based cards. What I am getting at is, Can I just take a Verizon SIM and remove it from my 8X and move it to another VzW LTE based phone with out having to deal with changing the ESN on line ?

Is Verizon's LTE cards just like GSM based, I just want to swap my card into a different phone to use that phone....for the day or 2...?

I believe on Verizon you would still need to activate the ESN on your line.
    Phone: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x
    Media Player: Zune HD 32 x 2, Zune 120, Zune 80
    Tablet: Microsoft Surface 2 64Gb, Microsoft Surface RT 64Gb, Archos 101, Archos 70

You can swap the card from one Verizon lte phone to another as long as the they take the same size Sims card the iPhone takes a different size card I think , all others should be the same

Was just about to post a correction. I just read someone else on another thread talking about swapping the sim card freely.
    Phone: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x
    Media Player: Zune HD 32 x 2, Zune 120, Zune 80
    Tablet: Microsoft Surface 2 64Gb, Microsoft Surface RT 64Gb, Archos 101, Archos 70

Global Posts
    1,295 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio5x0 View Post
    Was just about to post a correction. I just read someone else on another thread talking about swapping the sim card freely.
    And it will work on the 3G network (if falling out from LTE coverage) ?

Yea
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    356 Global Posts
    I swap my 822 and Razr M almost daily.
    -Chances are, I'm guessing.
    Thanked by:
  8. M L

My understanding of the CDMA carriers was that they didn't use sims, but I guess Verizon's changing something now? My question now is with the new Lumia 928 being on Verizon, can I buy the phone from them off contract, and drop in a Net 10 or Straight talk sim card?

Quote Originally Posted by M L View Post
    My understanding of the CDMA carriers was that they didn't use sims, but I guess Verizon's changing something now? My question now is with the new Lumia 928 being on Verizon, can I buy the phone from them off contract, and drop in a Net 10 or Straight talk sim card?
    Pretty much every phone that Verizon sells supports GSM nowadays, so they all have SIM cards. As long as the SIM is unlocked then you will be able to do this. I'm actually using my old Verizon Trophy on Net10, but I had to make sure to get the unlock code from Verizon before I switched.

Edit: It turns out that I might be wrong about that. Take a look at this thread:
    unlocked lumia 822 and the apn problem!

Looks like Verizon pulled some shenanigans with the latest update to prevent people from using the 822 on other networks. That may be the case with the 928 as well.
    Last edited by thed; 05-15-2013 at 02:09 PM.