- 03-26-2013, 12:59 PM #1
So I am talking 2 a rep about plans and such, thinking of switching from sprint, and I say hey what about global phones?
The rep proceeds 2 tell me well any phone that has LTE is a global phone and roaming ready because it uses a sim card. Correct me if I'm wrong but even though LTE is based on GSM technologies, you can't just roam right?
03-26-2013, 02:12 PM #3
- 439 Posts
I think what the rep meant is that all of their Lte phones are global ready. They can't use other carriers Lte though. And I'm pretty sure they are already unlocked and ready for any sim card. But I can't confirm this with a source. I'll have to get back to you after finding a source.
- 03-26-2013, 07:09 PM #7
03-28-2013, 09:31 AM #8
- 993 Posts
Pretty much every Verizon phone that is out there supports GSM these days. The question is whether it's SIM locked or not. The Trophy comes locked to the pre-installed Vodaphone SIM, as fatclue mentioned. But I thought I remember reading that the 8X and the 822 are both SIM unlocked.
- By dby2011 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 59Last Post: 11-07-2012, 06:02 PM
- By invertme in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 7Last Post: 05-16-2012, 12:07 AM
- By bigkevbosky in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 14Last Post: 01-23-2012, 06:41 PM
- By Seeker2787 in forum HTC TrophyReplies: 39Last Post: 09-02-2011, 01:38 PM
- By EJNelly in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 16Last Post: 06-23-2011, 09:43 AM