- 12-18-2012, 11:33 AM #1"Engineering is more than just the number of megapixels." - Stephen Elop
- 12-18-2012, 01:40 PM #2
We're at the mercy of the providers here in the states. They don't compete; they play follow the leader. If they can get $60, we can get $70. If they can get $70, we can get $80. If they can get $80, we can $90, and on and on. Ask WeeBear what he pays for 3 in the UK.
My wife and I go to France a couple of times a year. For 49 euro ($64 usd) a month you get a home phone, home internet, internet TV, and a mobile phone plan. That's through Orange, there are cheaper plans out there.
- 12-18-2012, 01:53 PM #3
When I was in college, one of my professors was a guy originally from Europe who still travels to Europe every year. He mentioned how much cheaper and better broadband Internet service is in Europe.
- 12-23-2012, 02:22 AM #5
And while I'm not TheWeeBear, I am also on Three, and my parents have home broadband with Sky. I think we pay £16/mth for Sky Broadband. Truly unlimited, no caps, no nothing. Just unlimited fibre broadband. Combine that with The One Plan on Three for £25/mth on a 30-day rolling contract (2'000 any-network minutes, 5'000 same-network minutes, 5'000 texts, and All You Can Eat, AKA truly unlimited, data with tethering included), and we have a winner.
- 12-23-2012, 08:53 AM #6
In the end, the FCC was able to tell home internet providers that they had to follow their definition of, "Net Neutrality", but they left wireless internet providers on their own without further regulation.
- By nzrocketman in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 8Last Post: 11-21-2012, 03:05 PM
- By pdch in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 1Last Post: 11-21-2012, 12:04 AM
- By falsehopess in forum Nokia Lumia 810Replies: 16Last Post: 11-16-2012, 02:13 PM
- By MrBacon42 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 05-18-2012, 11:40 AM
- By charlyee in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 4Last Post: 04-15-2012, 12:29 PM