Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Just curious if anyone else has the new Lumia920 with the (no longer available) unlimited Data plan? I've been an ATT customer for about 5 years now and I am glad that this upgrade didn't force me to change my plan in any way.

I still have my grandfathered unlimited data plan after upgrading.

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Still have unlimited just with 4g let now :D

Quote Originally Posted by Russell11 View Post
    Still have unlimited just with 4g let now :D
    is LTE noticeably faster? I dont have LTE in my area, so 4G is the fastest i can expect.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by congusano View Post
    is LTE noticeably faster? I dont have LTE in my area, so 4G is the fastest i can expect.
    Still grandfathered, and yes, LTE is very noticeably faster.

Yep still have it! As long as I can keep it I'll stick with AT&T.

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Still got it here. Thank god AT&T isn't doing what Verizon's done to their unlimited customers. If you want to upgrade, and you have unlimited data, you will only be allowed to upgrade if you ditch the plan. Don't want to lose the unlimited data? The that phone will not be subsidized. You will pay the full price. Thank you, AT&T!
    Cingular (2001-2003) - Nokia 5190 > Nokia 3360
    Nextel (2003-2007) - i1000+ > i90c > i720 > i830 > i275 > i860 > i870
    AT&T (2007 to Present) - Treo 680 > iPhone 8GB > iPhone 3G 16GB > Moto Q9h Global >
    iPhone 3G 16GB > iPhone 3GS 16GB > HTC Inspire 4G > Samsung Focus > HTC HD7S >
    Nokia Lumia 900 > Nokia Lumia 920 > Nokia Lumia 1520
    damon312 likes this.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I still have it. LTE is noticeably faster.

I still have the unlimited plan. And yes LTE is so much faster than their "4G" nonsense. Its hard to get much use out of it though since everywhere I go there is WiFi and they have that stupid 20mb file cap. Sure I can stream a video to my hearts content, but if I want to download it for later somehow that's congesting the network.
    Last edited by cddigi; 11-11-2012 at 03:45 PM. Reason: spelling
    KoukiFC3S likes this.

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts
    Just checking in... Still unlimited here! Big difference between 3G and LTE. :)
    Still have unlimited here. LTE is blowing my mind how fast it is. I had the "4G" Titan before the 920.

im luckily still grandfathered in :) nice to know that I have unlimited

Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Count me in as still having unlimited. Just like you I've been with AT&T for 5 years and have changed multiple times. I've only officially upgraded once but most of my phone purchases have been off contract. LTE unlimited is crazy fast.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    unlimited data here as well, I'm getting some insane speeds here in Portland on LTE

Quote Originally Posted by congusano View Post
    Big upgrade than Edge to 4G

Unlimited data is the only way I'd consider AT&T. Their monthly rates are otherwise comedic... more than twice I pay for my MVNO, using the same AT&T network.

I was forced to switch. I had an old $19.99 unlimited plan called smartphone dataconnect unlimited. When I got my Focus a couple years ago, they had to fight with the system to keep it, but they got it and I had no issues. This time around, I went to the MS store and the sales guy was having problems getting the system to take my plan. An AT&T rep happened to be there and said I could try buying the phone outright and seeing if my sim would at least give me 3G. I walked away and went to the AT&T store to see if I got a different response. Same thing. I asked if they would bump me up to one of the other $30 unlimited grandfathered plans as a courtesy for how long I have been with them ('98). Nothing. I finally looked through my data usage and I've never been over 2GB, so I went ahead and took a tiered plan. I hate having to think about it now...but hopefully AT&T will get onboard with DataSense soon and help me out. It's also nice that WP8 has quite a few new considerations for data usage - i.e. picture sync to SkyDrive via wifi.

I still have my unlimited plan. With this plan, there is no hotspot option and it doesn't work. I would have to change my plan to enable it. Before the 920, I had a jailbroken iPhone 4S with MyWi. Worked great. Now I have no hotspot / tethering. :-(

I am grandfathered in going back awhile as mine is still the "PDA Package" with unlimited data and 1500 msgs. Because of that, the store claims they still can't do it in the store as they have a simple version of what the call center has so I have to order mine via phone. Every year I go through the same crap...I call...they say "oh you have to upgrade your plan " until I speak to the right supervisor and they admit I don't.

I'll be ordering mine soon.
    Current Phone 1 = Nokia 920 WP8
    Current Phone 2 = HTC Surround w Mango
    Older Phone 3 = AT&T Tilt 2 (TP2) WM 6.5 OEM
    Current Level of Sanity = None ^^

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbush View Post
    unlimited data here as well, I'm getting some insane speeds here in Portland on LTE
    Same. 10x faster for me. 3G is consistent but overloaded.

Also, unlimited data is what is keeping me at ATT. Verizon is better in this area.

Still grandfathered in with unlimited data here. I also have an old calling plan that's $29.99 that I've been transferring over for a long time as well since I never really make calls. I probably average less than 20 minutes a month.

LTE speeds here in San Francisco is pretty good. I'm getting about 25-30mb download speeds, a huge boost from 3G when I had my iPhone 4, and it's even better than my home wi-fi.

Still grandfathered here, and not planning on giving that up anytime soon (even though that means I can't use tethering with AT&T or else it would be a plan change). Of course, I'm not really making full use of all that data streaming, but I'd hate to lose the opportunity...

I had an unlimited plan for non-smartphones, and I had to change.

Still have mine

You should have been given the option to change to an "unlimited personal data plan for 4g/LTE smartphones" if you had say an iPhone unlimited plan. .
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast