Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mparker
  • 1 Post By mlm1950

Global Posts
    2,903 Global Posts
    U.S Launch is a disappointment. Shares are tumbling.

BlackBerry shares tumble after 'disappointing' debut of Z10 smartphones in the US - Telegraph

"Shocking", really, seeing that Heins said "Apple iPhone 'Old' " I'm sure Apple can sell more than twelve phones.

BlackBerry Chief Heins Says Apple iPhone 'Old,' No Longer Innovative - Forbes

actually they've sold over a million already ;)

WP7 was no rocket launch either.. Nor was WP8 to be honest :P

Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Remember when WP fans would gripe about how the carriers were hiding the phones at the back of the store, and steering away customers from the WP7 platform? That's what's happening with Blackberry now with the US carriers, and it's something they'll need to overcome. It's a pity because the phone and new OS are quite good. Blackberry is in roughly the same position that Microsoft was in until the WP8 launch; I'm not sure why Blackberry's situation is more mockable now than Microsoft's was then.
    HaibaneReki likes this.

Global Posts
    1,183 Global Posts
    My local corporate AT&T has sold 1 z10 since launch...........

And its more laughable because of the quote machine that is the Blackberry CEO thorsten heins

Quote Originally Posted by mparker View Post
    Remember when WP fans would gripe about how the carriers were hiding the phones at the back of the store, and steering away customers from the WP7 platform? That's what's happening with Blackberry now with the US carriers, and it's something they'll need to overcome. It's a pity because the phone and new OS are quite good. Blackberry is in roughly the same position that Microsoft was in until the WP8 launch; I'm not sure why Blackberry's situation is more mockable now than Microsoft's was then.
    Unlike Microsoft, Blackberry doesn't have any other source of income, so if they can't get the providers to sell their phones, they are definitely in a worse situation than Microsoft was or is.
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    2,063 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ttsoldier View Post
    The share went up 8% on the day BEFORE the US launch and then went down 8% on the actual launch day. Idiotic reporters are saying that it's the end of world --- but it was simply profit taking from a stock that went up by 8% the previous day.

Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    ttsoldier. May I remind you of all the bad publicity the 920 got? Yeah, it's like that. There is a lot of misinformation about and I'm surprised everyone is believing all these news articles when they've shown their true colors during the WP8 launch.
    HTC Droid Incredible --> Apple iPhone 4S --> Nokia Lumia 920 --> BlackBerry Z10 --> HTC One --> iPhone 5

I even SAW one Z10 in person today at work ^_^
    Meanwhile, here in the Philippines, carriers (even the budget ones) are pushing the Z10 hard.
    I SEE ADS FOR THEM EVERYWHERE.
    Not kidding about this.
    Friend Code: 1779-1560-3109
    NNID: TheWPCTraveler

(If you happen to own a 3DS, we could go ahead and be, er, friends. There's a reason I put that friend code out there for everyone to see. Also, that NNID is also my Miiverse ID. You can also find me there.)

P.S. Microsoft Mobile Ly, please bring back the cyan in the Lumia line. THE CYANATION COMPELS YOU.

Devices: Lumia 630, Asus T100, Nintendo 3DS.

After all the **** talking that BB fans did about WP prior to BB10's launch it's nice to see BB10 and the Z10 spinning its wheels in the mud.
    Thanked by:
    If only they released it as the same time as everyone else...

That's what they need to do. Samsung learned. The s2 was available in the world first, then us later. The s3 came to everywhere during the same month, and look how that turned out.

Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squire777 View Post
    After all the **** talking that BB fans did about WP prior to BB10's launch it's nice to see BB10 and the Z10 spinning its wheels in the mud.
    Can you provide a source to this , "**** talking?" Give us facts.
    HTC Droid Incredible --> Apple iPhone 4S --> Nokia Lumia 920 --> BlackBerry Z10 --> HTC One --> iPhone 5

Global Posts
    2,262 Global Posts
    I can see why. I have a z10 and a 8X and the Z10 is the worse. Constant reboots, heating issues and battery life sucks and camera issues. I can why they are tumbling because of issues. I plan to return my z10 in two days because these issues are getting very pathetic after almost 2 months with no fix

Quote Originally Posted by ttsoldier View Post

BlackBerry shares tumble after 'disappointing' debut of Z10 smartphones in the US - Telegraph

"Shocking", really, seeing that Heins said "Apple iPhone 'Old' " I'm sure Apple can sell more than twelve phones.

BlackBerry Chief Heins Says Apple iPhone 'Old,' No Longer Innovative - Forbes
    I'm not a huge fan of 'Wackberry', but I don't understand why you would title your thread in such a way. Unless you meant, they couldn't sell a dozen Z10's on a small island somewhere in the Caribbean -- then I would understand.

Furthermore, you then back up your statement with a Daily Telegraph article that is a month old -- so this thread is pointless really. 👎

Global Posts
    992 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzi View Post
    Furthermore, you then back up your statement with a Daily Telegraph article that is a month old -- so this thread is pointless really. 
    That's because the thread was a month old when you posted your comment.

Other notable devices:
    Windows laptops: Asus VivoBook X202E (Windows 8), HP Pavilion g4-1215dx (Windows 7)
    Chromebooks: Samsung Chromebook XE303