Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 103
Like Tree43Likes
  1. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    "Does not anyone?" :p
    What's wrong with doesn't? Its a perfectly legal word, no?
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.


  2. ashykat's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    124 Posts
    Global Posts
    454 Global Posts
    #77  
    Does it let me have separate volume controls for notifications, ringers, alarms, and media? If so, I'm sold. It may not be the most aesthetically pleasing OS, but the functionality looks pretty solid. I love the gesture support (I'm both a webOS and MeeGo fanboy), I love the multitasking "active frames" which aren't just apps in a frozen state, I love the hub which quickly lets you check your messages in one place without having the leave the app you're in first. I love the notification light, seriously, why the **** don't we have one of those? A charge light is not the same thing. If the app isn't available in Blackberry World, it's relatively easy to use the Android version in the meantime. The whole "peak & flow" thing looks pretty great. I don't know why so many of you are so quick to slam it, surely you know what that feels like as the iOS and Android guys do the same to you. I've been a WP fan from the beginning and I've had tons of the phones, and I thing it's a great OS, but BB10 looks good too. I like the fact that there may be a bigger mobile landscape than the iOS + Android monopoly.
  3. z33dev33l's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
       #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by ashykat View Post
    Does it let me have separate volume controls for notifications, ringers, alarms, and media? If so, I'm sold. It may not be the most aesthetically pleasing OS, but the functionality looks pretty solid. I love the gesture support (I'm both a webOS and MeeGo fanboy), I love the multitasking "active frames" which aren't just apps in a frozen state, I love the hub which quickly lets you check your messages in one place without having the leave the app you're in first. I love the notification light, seriously, why the **** don't we have one of those? A charge light is not the same thing. If the app isn't available in Blackberry World, it's relatively easy to use the Android version in the meantime. The whole "peak & flow" thing looks pretty great. I don't know why so many of you are so quick to slam it, surely you know what that feels like as the iOS and Android guys do the same to you. I've been a WP fan from the beginning and I've had tons of the phones, and I thing it's a great OS, but BB10 looks good too. I like the fact that there may be a bigger mobile landscape than the iOS + Android monopoly.
    Perhaps I'll give it a second look when they put it on usable hardware and make the UI a bit more aesthetically pleasing but as it stands, it's just ugly and while it offers some functionality, that's part of the reason people are saying they barely clear an hour with heavy use.
  4. 1jaxstate1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,219 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    #79  
    How it looks is a matter of opinion. Could you please link to where ANYONE said they could only get barely over an hour of battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by z33dev33l View Post
    Perhaps I'll give it a second look when they put it on usable hardware and make the UI a bit more aesthetically pleasing but as it stands, it's just ugly and while it offers some functionality, that's part of the reason people are saying they barely clear an hour with heavy use.
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr
  5. z33dev33l's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
       #80  
    Alas, I don't have the link handy. A guy on some phone site, maybe it was phonedog, said he ran the battery down in 1 hour and 16 minutes of browsing. Sure, looks are relative, but if your choices are an android look-alike or the real deal with a much bigger ecosystem and generally more to offer, why would you pick BBOS?
  6. 1jaxstate1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,219 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    #81  
    No, I would choose WP by going on looks, hands down. If they battery can't do more than that. Then it's DOA.
    Quote Originally Posted by z33dev33l View Post
    Alas, I don't have the link handy. A guy on some phone site, maybe it was phonedog, said he ran the battery down in 1 hour and 16 minutes of browsing. Sure, looks are relative, but if your choices are an android look-alike or the real deal with a much bigger ecosystem and generally more to offer, why would you pick BBOS?
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr
  7. ealvnv's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,339 Global Posts
    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by z33dev33l View Post
    Alas, I don't have the link handy. A guy on some phone site, maybe it was phonedog, said he ran the battery down in 1 hour and 16 minutes of browsing. Sure, looks are relative, but if your choices are an android look-alike or the real deal with a much bigger ecosystem and generally more to offer, why would you pick BBOS?
    Completely false, battery is on par with current devices on other platforms, i can tell you because i been using a Z10 for more the a month now
  8. web99's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    #83  
    I had a chance to try out the Z10 in future shop and it is a good phone. The browser is fast, multitasking is easy, the virtual keyboard is in a class by itself. As one who have used the iPhone, the Samsung Galaxy 3, Nokia 820 and various blackberries, the newest BB is a great product. For those of you that are dismissing it, look at the UK where it was launched 3 days ago. It is completely sold out in many stores and there are lineups to get it in the stores that still have them.

    For those of you that are bashing RIM and other companies, I think the smartphone market is big enough to share 4 major platforms instead of a ios/Android manopoly and I am also rooting for Windows 8 to succeed. The Nokia 920 is a great product also as I have had the opportunity to use one for a week.
    palandri likes this.
  9. palandri's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    6,626 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,747 Global Posts
    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by z33dev33l View Post
    Alas, I don't have the link handy. A guy on some phone site, maybe it was phonedog, said he ran the battery down in 1 hour and 16 minutes of browsing. Sure, looks are relative, but if your choices are an android look-alike or the real deal with a much bigger ecosystem and generally more to offer, why would you pick BBOS?
    That's like too hard to believe.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
  10. Daniel Ratcliffe's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,762 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,416 Global Posts
    #85  
    I actually got to try a BB10 device yesterday. And jeez, I am highly impressed by it. When does 7.8 support end so I can trash my HTC TITAN and have a BlackBerry device as a secondary? Naturally, I'm keeping my Nokia. I'm gonna have a Professional BlackBerry and a Personal Nokia approach. So for work, I use BB10 (with BlackBerry Balance to go between work and play. For example play on my lunch break, work when preparing for a meeting.). When I'm out with friends etc, I use my Nokia, because damn that camera has impressed me bigtime.
    Last edited by Paladinleeds; 02-03-2013 at 09:02 AM.

    "Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
    BIGPADDY, Bobert_123 and web99 like this.
  11. Bobert_123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    102 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,939 Global Posts
    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by z33dev33l View Post
    Perhaps I'll give it a second look when they put it on usable hardware and make the UI a bit more aesthetically pleasing but as it stands, it's just ugly and while it offers some functionality, that's part of the reason people are saying they barely clear an hour with heavy use.
    It practically has the same hardware as your 920 + an extra gig or RAM so not sure what your talking about...
  12. z33dev33l's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
       #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobert_123 View Post
    It practically has the same hardware as your 920 + an extra gig or RAM so not sure what your talking about...
    awful camera, terrible materials, no wireless charging, awful build quality.
  13. MDboyz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    82 Posts
    #88  
    The Z10 looks alright to me. There is nothing spectacular about it. However, the OS seems confusing. It's like they try to take best pieces from other OS: WP8, Android, and iOS and put it in their new OS.
  14. Bobert_123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    102 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,939 Global Posts
    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by z33dev33l View Post
    awful camera, terrible materials, no wireless charging, awful build quality.
    "Awful camera" debatable
    "terrible materials" No
    "no wireless charging" so what?
    "awful build quality" again no
  15. Whitecaps's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    #90  
    Yeah the Z10 is a complete rubbish...
  16. z33dev33l's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
       #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobert_123 View Post
    "Awful camera" debatable
    "terrible materials" No
    "no wireless charging" so what?
    "awful build quality" again no
    The camera is far from debatable, my 07 blackjack was better, the materials feel cheap like a Samsung phone, the phone audibly creaks which is weird and wireless charging is growing more and more imperative. This phone has nothing revolutionary.
  17. 1jaxstate1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,219 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    #92  
    Your 07 blackjack was not better. And that's a fact. When you make statements like that, any argument you have is looked at as being silly, maybe even fanboyish
    Quote Originally Posted by z33dev33l View Post
    The camera is far from debatable, my 07 blackjack was better, the materials feel cheap like a Samsung phone, the phone audibly creaks which is weird and wireless charging is growing more and more imperative. This phone has nothing revolutionary.
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr
    Thanked by:
    diegonei and FinancialP like this.
  18. z33dev33l's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
       #93  
    It certainly takes much clearer pictures in all but low light settings which is fair as it doesn't have flash, not like the blackberry's flash is much better than no flash.
  19. Bobert_123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    102 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,939 Global Posts
    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by z33dev33l View Post
    It certainly takes much clearer pictures in all but low light settings which is fair as it doesn't have flash, not like the blackberry's flash is much better than no flash.
    I don't think you have any idea what your saying...
  20. z33dev33l's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
       #95  
    Have you seen the shots? Anyway, just got my dev unit in so I'll do a full comparison once I get the hang of bb10 for a fair comparison.
    jdhooghe likes this.
  21. diegonei's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,527 Global Posts
    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    I was especially disappointed by the camera. The Lumia 920's camera blew away the competition, but the BB10's camera was the worst of the bunch.
    Blackberry Z10's camera, smoked by a Windows Phone | Windows Phone Central
    We miss you over CB. Now, on the camera comment...

    BlackBerry Z10 camera versus iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S3 | Dialed In - CNET Blogs

    And if you all ask why they didn't add a 920 to the bout... You all know why.
  22. #97  
    Kinda segwaying off the camera topic, but I don't see why business people love BB so much. Personally I have never owned one so maybe I just don't get it, it what makes it more business-centric than other OSes. Yes I know that you can lock down the OS and let businesses disable features like the app store. My mom has an older BB for work and can't access BB world or BBM. Other than that, wouldn't Windows phone be a better alternative since most businesses use outlook, office, sharepoint,etc... These integrate better on windows phone IMHO than any of the other major OSes like iOS and Android. Also, why wouldn't Android or iOS work either? They still have most of the major business-like functionality except native MICROSOFT OFFICE (which I still find almost useless on a phone period because I don't want to use excel on a 4" screen).

    My gripe from what I've seen on BBOS10 is that its different to be different but not different to be better. Take Windows Phone: The live tile paradigm and the app suspension give you a very fast and fluid OS that is laid out incredibly well. The live tiles are nice because they perform the same goal as a widget on Android without breaking the UI design like android widgets do (I mean it in the aspect that you have a boxy square widget for your calendar and then a circular widget for you weather etc...they look mashed up together and don't match or flow together design wise is what I'm getting at).

    Also from what Ashykat was saying, some of the things I don't understand like app-suspension. Why would you not want it? I use my email app which still updates in real time, then suspends when I'm not using it and then quickly resumes when I touch the icon. It loads up where I had left it, so from a user standpoint, how is it different other than when you don't suspend apps, it turns into a clunky mess, Android being the best case in point followed by webOS. WebOS was great with multitasking but too many tasks would slow it down.

    Also my major gripe I've always had with BB is that the UIs are overly complicated. BBS looks way more complicated than WP or even android. I'm not saying that I would have an issue figuring it out cause I would get it in no time, but it seems laid out in a more complicated fashion than all of the other major OSes and people think its a good thing??? Maybe its not more complex but that's how it appears to me on the surface. These are my thoughts though...please feel free to contribute.
  23. bawboh86's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    566 Posts
    Global Posts
    786 Global Posts
    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by diegonei View Post
    And if you all ask why they didn't add a 920 to the bout... You all know why.
    I don't know why. If I were to compare phone cameras, I would definitely include the 920. I'm not discounting the Z10 took these pictures just fine, just this comment about why the 920 wasn't included.
  24. web99's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridemyscooter86 View Post
    Also my major gripe I've always had with BB is that the UIs are overly complicated. BBS looks way more complicated than WP or even android. I'm not saying that I would have an issue figuring it out cause I would get it in no time, but it seems laid out in a more complicated fashion than all of the other major OSes and people think its a good thing??? Maybe its not more complex but that's how it appears to me on the surface. These are my thoughts though...please feel free to contribute.
    For many, including myself, there is a learning curve as with any new O/S and UI, but I got the hang of it very quickly. My 77 year old father also was very comfortable with his Z10 within a day of getting his.
  25. crystal_planet's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    963 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    #100  
    Well, after spending a couple of hours on Crackberry I found that the consensus is pretty evenly split. The same complaints in regards to apps that plague this site are common there as well, but what I found most interesting (and kind of sad) was how they were really eating their own. Those that hated it, railed on it not only for the lack of apps, but because of some features are missing off 10 that are present on 7 and below. And those that defended it, did so on a hope for a brighter future. Kind of like here in a way.

    Huge mistake for BlackBerry to leave those off a new o/s - the very things that had the faithful holding on. Lots of email delivery complaints, lack of notification customization - all the BlackBerry hallmarks...
    My next phone...
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone else a little disappointed with the 820?
    By Terantek in forum Nokia Lumia 820
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-22-2013, 01:24 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-23-2013, 07:57 AM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-02-2011, 10:53 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-16-2011, 03:10 AM
  5. Is it just me or does anyone else get tired of WP bashing?
    By baseballbert in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-29-2011, 04:32 PM

Posting Permissions

B