Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    Ok, when I was watching the 10 minute video on crackberry, I kept saying that some of the style of the OS reminded me of MeeGo, which isn't a bad thing. I liked MeeGo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Padmasali View Post
    Blackberry just copied MeeGo OS... if Nokia ever take MeeGo seriously than new BB OS never come to reality...
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwo View Post
    Maybe if you guys understand a little dutch, check out this report: BlackBerry Z10 - Video's - Tweakers

At around 4:10 he's starting to talk(you can see it, for the non-dutch ppl :P) about lag on the phone, whilst during the presentation it was all about 'the flow of BB'. Now that is what I call disappointing.

Also, the icons look horrible from the app drawer, tbh.
    hahaha yeah! I was hoping for at least one like on this one :). Puts a little oil on the fire. WP is a lot smoother :>

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Why WP users always compare app launcher of BB 10 with home screen of Windows Phone? Don't you even know that WP also has app launcher if you swipe right? Now let's compare app launchers on all major OSs, shall we?

BB 10/iOS/Android - static icons in paged grid layout. Simple, easy to use and organize.
    Windows Phone - static icons in one long vertical list. Any way of organize those icons, I have not found a way yet. Is it possible to find an app fast, **** no, all icons of same color (except those who was lazy enough and didn't provide icons for each color theme).

@Tiwo "WP is a lot smoother :>" :) LOL, when you run only a single app on dual core processor and good GPU even Microsoft cannot screw it up. Still, I have to admit that browser on BB10 should have been written using native SDK and not HTML5, that's were lags come from. We probably can expect them to change this.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeLee092 View Post
    hmm...idk what phone your using buddy..
    for instance on my HTC 8x if I'm listening to music(Amazing music) and I'm on twitter(Rowi), and I have to go to the start screen for whatever reason, to go back to my music player or twitter page all i do is hold the back buttom and all 'windows' of app im using pop up, I just slide to Rowi and I'm right back sending a tweet, no reloading.

I used to do the same exact process in Android except a pop up of my app icons will appear instead...

I can send you screen caps if you'd like
    You misread what I typed. Specifically the part where I state "it shouldn't matter where I launch the app". I shouldn't have to hold a silly button to go to an app I JUST LEFT(especially when the tile is right there in my face). That's counterintuitive. Makes no sense. None of the other OS's does this.

Open Basketball Live
    Press start button
    Open Basketball Live watch it reload

Makes no sense. Nobody can sit there and logically say that this is fine or perfectly normal. This shouldn't be left up to developers as someone already stated.

Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I'm disappointed that three different Blackberry threads are trending in WP Central.
    ~Sal

Well the BB guys came over and started taking potshots at WP8 the last couple of weeks. Hopefully they go back to their board now and cheer up the CB faithful that are upset over the BB10 launch.

Quote Originally Posted by bb10_fan View Post
    [...]

@Tiwo "WP is a lot smoother :>" :) LOL, when you run only a single app on dual core processor and good GPU even Microsoft cannot screw it up. Still, I have to admit that browser on BB10 should have been written using native SDK and not HTML5, that's were lags come from. We probably can expect them to change this.
    I'm really really sorry man, I didn't mean to bash or anything. Everybody is just a little bit on their nerves because probably everyone on this forum has something that they like about the new BB10. It's like having your own baby and defending it's beauty because it's yours. :)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,429 Global Posts
    Why WP users always compare app launcher of BB 10 with home screen of Windows Phone? Don't you even know that WP also has app launcher if you swipe right? Now let's compare app launchers on all major OSs, shall we?

BB 10/iOS/Android - static icons in paged grid layout. Simple, easy to use and organize.
    Windows Phone - static icons in one long vertical list. Any way of organize those icons, I have not found a way yet. Is it possible to find an app fast, **** no, all icons of same color (except those who was lazy enough and didn't provide icons for each color theme).
    You're right that it is a vertical list. Here's the catch though. Search button, and even more importantly, after ~45 apps installed you get a JUMPLIST (see the single letters on their own?) which allows you to jump straight to an app. I don't have to remember which folder I put my app in (and I screw this up ALL the time on my iPod). I actually find it easier to find apps on my Nokia Lumia over my iPod.

You only potshot Windows Phone about this yet you do realise the iPhone also does the same? And in every post you've made I have only seen negativity from you. NOT ONE EVEN REMOTELY POSITIVE COMMENT ABOUT WINDOWS PHONE. Not everything you post about Windows Phone has to be positive (heck, I've made some seriously condescending remarks about Windows Phone myself) but when you post nothing but negativity at every comment, why are you here? Surely there must be something you're interested in about Windows Phone, else you wouldn't be here talking about it. And yes, I know this is the BlackBerry forum but I've seen you do it in the Windows Phone parts of the forum too.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
    Thanked by:
    a5cent 

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    You're right that it is a vertical list. Here's the catch though. Search button, and even more importantly, after ~45 apps installed you get a JUMPLIST (see the single letters on their own?) which allows you to jump straight to an app. I don't have to remember which folder I put my app in (and I screw this up ALL the time on my iPod). I actually find it easier to find apps on my Nokia Lumia over my iPod.
    You mean jump to the start of the list where app names start from a specific letter?

You only potshot Windows Phone about this yet you do realise the iPhone also does the same? And in every post you've made I have only seen negativity from you. NOT ONE EVEN REMOTELY POSITIVE COMMENT ABOUT WINDOWS PHONE. Not everything you post about Windows Phone has to be positive (heck, I've made some seriously condescending remarks about Windows Phone myself) but when you post nothing but negativity at every comment, why are you here? Surely there must be something you're interested in about Windows Phone, else you wouldn't be here talking about it. And yes, I know this is the BlackBerry forum but I've seen you do it in the Windows Phone parts of the forum too.
    I'm sorry if I made you think that I'm 100% negative about WP. I'm just 95% negative about it, just because I own one and I have to use it until I can change it to something more usable from my perspective. I honestly hope that I'm entitled to my own opinion about OS as long as I don't make personal remarks to members of the forum.

iPhone does the same, so what? Did anyone ever complained that it's not fluid enough?

Not every post I've made is negative, only WP related. Actually, wait, I remember I did one positive remark about WP Live Tiles by saying they create a WOW effect at first. Of course leter I did again a negative remark about them by saying that from WOW effect with time they transform to WTF effect.

What interests me in WP? Hmm, that's an interesting question by itself. One possible explanation could be, I was a long time user of Nokia phones and currently own Nokia Lumia 800. I know it's not a WP8 device and I know that the core of the OS is completely different. When Nokia decided to switch completely to WP I was first angry, but lately simply curious how things are going on with them. I found Lumia 920 an interesting phone because of 1) Camera 2) Sensitive touchscreen. But, maybe somewhere deep inside I still try to convince myself that WP OS is not as horrible as I think about it (and experience with it) and so I can go back to nice Nokia hardware.

And sorry if you take all my negativity towards WP so personal :)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,429 Global Posts
    You mean jump to the start of the list where app names start from a specific letter?
    Aye, I find that enough tbh.

I'm sorry if I made you think that I'm 100% negative about WP. I'm just 95% negative about it, just because I own one and I have to use it until I can change it to something more usable from my perspective. I honestly hope that I'm entitled to my own opinion about OS as long as I don't make personal remarks to members of the forum.
    Aye, you would be right there. Just the constant negativity from someone can sometimes be draining.

iPhone does the same, so what? Did anyone ever complained that it's not fluid enough?
    Guess I'm the first then. I have an iPod Touch and iOS isn't a very fluid experience on it.

Not every post I've made is negative, only WP related. Actually, wait, I remember I did one positive remark about WP Live Tiles by saying they create a WOW effect at first. Of course leter I did again a negative remark about them by saying that from WOW effect with time they transform to WTF effect.
    Gotta admit, I like the live tiles myself. A notification centre wouldn't go amiss, but overall, I do like the look of the tiles. Each to their own though!

What interests me in WP? Hmm, that's an interesting question by itself. One possible explanation could be, I was a long time user of Nokia phones and currently own Nokia Lumia 800. I know it's not a WP8 device and I know that the core of the OS is completely different. When Nokia decided to switch completely to WP I was first angry, but lately simply curious how things are going on with them. I found Lumia 920 an interesting phone because of 1) Camera 2) Sensitive touchscreen. But, maybe somewhere deep inside I still try to convince myself that WP OS is not as horrible as I think about it (and experience with it) and so I can go back to nice Nokia hardware.
    Ah, that's fun. I remember the days of the 3310. Yeah, I have to admit, I've always found Nokia phones to be stellar (5800 XpressMusic notwithstanding... now that was a turd and the reason I switched away from Nokia!) - I came from a HTC to a Nokia Lumia 920 though.

And sorry if you take all my negativity towards WP so personal :)
    It's not so much taking it personal as feeling it is my job as an ambassador to promote a more positive atmosphere on the forums. Sure, it's never going to be perfect (tell me one thing that is!) but I want to be as much of a help as I can.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
    cckgz4 likes this.

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    It's not so much taking it personal as feeling it is my job as an ambassador to promote a more positive atmosphere on the forums. Sure, it's never going to be perfect (tell me one thing that is!) but I want to be as much of a help as I can.
    Then I will post less on WP Central to reduce the load of negativity you have to deal with :) (I didn't know that there are ambassadors exist on these forums)
    Doesn't ANYONE think that this thread needs to be moved to Crackberry? Totally wrong site, never mind a wrong forum! :P
    Last edited by rockstarzzz; 02-01-2013 at 02:56 PM.
    Thanked by:
    Residing likes this.

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts
    I was a little disappointed with the custom sound profiles on BB10... the main home screen is a bitmeh but overall BB10 looks solid (camera is meh but im not a photographer) and the battery life seems to be an issue.

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    I actually had a chance to play with it for a couple of minutes today in a store. Overall, it looked like iPhoneish (that's not an insult, as it was pretty nice. The white one did nothing for me however) It did remind me of iOS as well with the rows of icons - on the whole pretty meh, but if it wasn't for WP, I might rock one. The swipe up predictive text was pretty cool.

The experience left me a little melancholy, as I do like BlackBerry- I don't think BB10 is going to save it.
    My next phone...

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Oh, and there was one thing that really impressed me, and at the same time pissed me off. The phones were part of a generic mobile booth in Costco in which it was manned by three csr's. The one guy, saw I was looking at it and unlocked it for me to get out of demo mode so I could actually use it. He was pretty knowledgeable about the device and quite enthusiastic about BlackBerry in general. It was the total opposite of my experience with Windows Phone, where I actually had to answer some of the csr's questions about it.

BlackBerry seemed to have taken some care with its release on a personal level, which was the opposite with my WP experience.
    My next phone...

Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    "Does not anyone?" :p
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Doesn't ANYONE think that this thread needs to be moved to Crackberry? Totally wrong site, never mind a wrong forum! :P
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,429 Global Posts
    Then I will post less on WP Central to reduce the load of negativity you have to deal with :) (I didn't know that there are ambassadors exist on these forums)
    Well, this is not going well for me...

Well, this is not going well for me...
    Bah, don't sweat it, you're the man! And we thank you for your ambassadorial service!

Global Posts
    1,341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by z33dev33l View Post
    BB10 looks just like android, it's not something different. WP is pretty much the only something different.
    First of all let me tell you that I am platform agnostic, yes i use WP8, Android, IOS and BB10, to say WP is the only something different is something generic, it looks different? yes it does, but what really matters in this case is what has WP8, BB10 or any other platform has offer different from the other, and I'll tell you what, they are all different from each other once you dive deep in the functionality and uses you exercise with each platform

Quote Originally Posted by dermotf View Post
    What absolutely baffles me are the icons they used, after all this time they could hired a good graphics firm to create some really cool, unique icons. But instead they just grabbed them off the web. Look at the calendar icon, seriously, that's been around for years. They had a chance to really make it shine with some simple touches like the icons and they failed badly. It looks like an old Android phone. A lot of the hardcore BB users will buy it, but I can't see many switching from other platforms. I have also read a lot of comments from long time BB users saying they are not buying it because they have removed the features that they rely on.
    Can you specifically tell which icons they grabbed from the web?, the calendar icon it might be boring for you, but not for everyone and as for the second point, do not believe what you heard until you use it, nothing has been removed in terms of functionality, what they did was just streamline some functions that were redundant, people is freaking out for "lack" of push email which is plain BS, there is push email, in fact emails arrive instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Villain View Post
    I was a little disappointed with the custom sound profiles on BB10... the main home screen is a bitmeh but overall BB10 looks solid (camera is meh but im not a photographer) and the battery life seems to be an issue.
    I agree with you on the sound profiles, there is no main home screen at all, there is an apps screens and an active frames screen (that is how they are called), heck you can even consider the hub as you homescreen if you want, i am not saying is a good thing or not, i guess is a matter of taste, some like it, some do not.

No my last point to all of you, can anyone saying bad things about the overall experience/look/feel of the OS tell me how much time have you had with a the OS in a daily basis other then watching videos and reading reviews?
    And tell me please which mobile os in its first gen step was perfect? i will save you the time NONE.

Disclaimer: I been using BB10 for some time now as my main device, i also own a Lumia 920, HTC One X+, 4S and several tablets except for Surface

Most people seemed to be fine with the way this thread was progressing, i.e bashing BB10, until others starting defending BB10, at which time they were called negativists.
    What about the “vomit” statement by OP? Or his complete disappointment with a phone and OS he never experienced firsthand. He does not like the camera because the picture on the webcast did not look so great. Then another poster expresses her disappointment with theZ10 camera, based on an extremely profound and exhaustive one low light picture test, after which the writer deeply concludes that the L920 smoked the Z10… Why don’t people wait for a chance to test a phone before taking such extreme sides? I do not see anything positive in their comments either.

Thanks to the few people who made comments based on logical analysis rather than fanboyism.

I do not think people need to commit to a phone or OS for a lifetime (it’s not a marriage), nor I believe that one should just be patient and wait till an OS gets better. Just get what fits your needs the best at this time and don’t worry about what happens to WP8 or BB10. They are just a business like any other, they want your money, and they will not pay you a penny back even if they become #1 OS.
    ealvnv likes this.

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    BlackBerry should pull an IBM. Strictly business, and that way they'll survive by giving the businesses what they want. Not the average consumer.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by ryker002 View Post
    BlackBerry should pull an IBM. Strictly business, and that way they'll survive by giving the businesses what they want. Not the average consumer.
    Not sure about that... I used BB for years but I got bored of only business and no fun. I enjoy my L920 now, my wife asks me why I need to take the phone to bed every night. But darn it, I miss some business features... Never satisfied enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napocensis View Post
    Not sure about that... I used BB for years but I got bored of only business and no fun. I enjoy my L920 now, my wife asks me why I need to take the phone to bed every night. But darn it, I miss some business features... Never satisfied enough.
    I agree with you. Nobody is going to want to use 2 different devices, which would be necessary if BB went "business-only".
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Napocensis View Post
    I suppose you have a point, but you even backed up my point by stating the business capabilities. Businesses want their employees to remain focuses, in contact and on time. Which is what the BlackBerry originally was perfect for. However now they're trying to be too much lime iPhone and android.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryker002 View Post
    I suppose you have a point, but you even backed up my point by stating the business capabilities. Businesses want their employees to remain focuses, in contact and on time. Which is what the BlackBerry originally was perfect for. However now they're trying to be too much lime iPhone and android.
    That's pretty much necessary. Many companies have gone from BB-only to BYOD. Nobody is going to choose a BB in a BYOD situation if the BB is only good for business.

One of my relatives works in the IT department of a corporation that formerly was a BB-only shop. They got rid of BES 2 years ago, and they use Mobile Iron to manage their devices. Anything is allowed except BB.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast