Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 81
Like Tree27Likes
  1. ohgood's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    655 Posts
    Global Posts
    659 Global Posts
    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by martinmc78 View Post
    Sarcasm was lost on you then?
    I'm sorry, it sure was. Woops! :)

    I guess "does it have office?" is the new
    "but does it run linux?"

    Cool, I got it now. Thanks for updating me, and getting a laugh going. :)
    awwwww how sweeeeeet. thanks !
    snowmutt likes this.
  2. ohgood's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    655 Posts
    Global Posts
    659 Global Posts
    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blkacesvf41 View Post
    The investors weren't impressed either because the stock is dropping like a rock. I do have a soft spot for BB since that was my first smartphone. Also, more competition is better for us consumers.
    Mmm, I noticed that. I often wonder who is nabbing bargains, while others predict the end.



    I should have bought nok when it was pennies, and quadroupled, but ... the earlier statement won again
    awwwww how sweeeeeet. thanks !
  3. tk-093's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,301 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,636 Global Posts
    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwo View Post
    But Tk, let's be honest, for a company that has a lot at stake with this phone coming out, do you think a 7 will do? 'just' a seven?
    Will a '7' do to win back over consumer peeps that have moved on to Android/iOS/WP? No I don't think it will, especially if 'poor battery life' gets big play. Plus the fact those reviews will fester here in the United States as there won't be any devices out until March. (If that rumor holds true.)

    I think on the corporate side, it will be good enough to get some lost users back and easily get current BB7 and below users to convert. Originally all my corporate users started dumping BlackBerry for Android (we only use Verizon so originally there was not an iPhone choice) now they are sick of Android and they are leaving that and going iPhone. I do see a lot of my hardcore business users moving to BB10 if it gives them a superior email option. Actually probably moving to the keyboard version actually. Just my opinion.. time will tell and it looks like I have until mid March to get BES 10 up and running anyway.
  4. ttsoldier's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,166 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,839 Global Posts
    #54  
    I haven't read through this thread so sorry if this is being repeated.

    I believe if bb10 edges WP8.. It's because of the carrier launch. Jesus. BlackBerry Is making sure their devices are available to everyone on all carriers.

    This is what Nokia should have done.
  5. Tiwo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    143 Posts
    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttsoldier View Post
    I haven't read through this thread so sorry if this is being repeated.

    I believe if bb10 edges WP8.. It's because of the carrier launch. Jesus. BlackBerry Is making sure their devices are available to everyone on all carriers.

    This is what Nokia should have done.
    This whole carrier thing is a big thing in America...though not as much in the rest of the world :>
    Residing and Laura Knotek like this.
  6. #56  
    I see nothing so far in this launch to either worry WP users or really give them comfort. BB10 still has CrackBerry Nation behind it, a strong identity, and some strong word of mouth. But, it also has to come up with something special to stop the bleeding and now has another 8-10 weeks of lost momentum.


    In my opinion, WP will rise or fall based on it's own strengths, not the failure of BB or any other OS. If WP's next major update moves the OS ahead, MS continues to improve the app situation with a sense of urgency (which is every bit as important for Windows 8 as it is for WP8), and Nokia, HTC, and whatever OEM coalition of the willing MS lines up put out improving devices WP will continue to grow. From what @tk-093 states in his posts here, MS has a long way to go in enterprise as well. So there is HUGE growth they can compete for that they are not even begun to fight for.

    BB10 looks like a good OS that may keep them in the game. I see no advantage to losing BlackBerry (no longer RIM-just BlackBerry now). They add an option.
    "Life is hard. But it is harder when you are stupid."
    -John Wayne
    Laura Knotek likes this.
  7. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwo View Post
    This whole carrier thing is a big thing in America...though not as much in the rest of the world :>
    Yeah, and it is a drag. There are a couple areas I wish we would follow along with the rest of the world. I wish we would go metric (so much stinking easier then our standard measuring system), and I wish we had your "one device, all carriers" model.
    "Life is hard. But it is harder when you are stupid."
    -John Wayne
    Laura Knotek likes this.
  8. joeynox's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    588 Posts
    Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
       #58  
    I just want instagram. Why can't I have instagram? The verge said they used instagram on bb10. Wtf . I hate Microsoft. They should have just given every dev of the top 100 apps 1million bucks to port over the apps.
  9. crystal_planet's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    963 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    #59  
    This is a big day for BB ex-pats who have moved onto other platforms. The launch of 10 may draw them back, and they will get some of the curious having a try, but after that it will be business as usual and we two at the bottom will have to roll up our sleeves and be willing to get our hands dirty.
    My next phone...
  10. kittshelby's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    129 Posts
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    #60  
    BB10 looks amazing. But since I just bought at 920 a few months ago, I'll probably stick with this for 2 years before I get a new phone. By then, I will probably be choosing between an awesome WP9 device, a 2nd generation Surface Phone, and an even more amazing BB11. After watching a bunch of BB10 videos I'm kind of angry/dissapointed that WP still has so many missing features and isn't as "cool". I really wished that WP8 would have had a bunch of cool gestures (like in BB 10) and picture password (as in Windows 8). I do have to note that BB10 is probably attracting me more because I'm a business student; especially with that cool ability to switch from "personal" to "work" mode, now that is way cool! Also, that swipe up from screen to turn on the screen is super cool too. The phone industry is just so exciting!!!

    ETA: One more thing. I find it hilarious that Microsoft is trying to sell WP as a business phone yet it doesn't have VPN nor an ability to switch between a personal and work mode (which I'm still infactuated about). I know most people don't need that, but as a business student I really want those features and I'm sure that is holding a lot of business people back.
  11. Tjalsma's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    #61  
    It's funny how users of a platform that has let's say 3% of the mobile marketshare can say "Nah, nothing to see here" about Blackberry. Let's be honest here, and this is coming from a Windows Phone fanatic, we have something to worry about here. At least Blackberry seems to be putting some serious effort into their platform. They came out pretty strong with this new OS and the UI is different enough to raise some eyebrows. No one, NO ONE, is going to say "Nope, I am not getting a Blackberry because Windows Phone has such phenomenal games and Office!" The ONLY thing WP has is the user interface...that's it in my opinion - and I do love it. However, Microsoft could learn a thing or two if you ask me. This WP has been an absolute f'n disaster and if it wasn't for Nokia, the Windows Phone platform would be dead.

    Again, I don't mean to sound all doom and gloom but lets not overlook a new venture by fooling ourselves into thinking "we've got this".
    kittshelby likes this.
  12. kittshelby's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    129 Posts
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjalsma View Post
    It's funny how users of a platform that has let's say 3% of the mobile marketshare can say "Nah, nothing to see here" about Blackberry. Let's be honest here, and this is coming from a Windows Phone fanatic, we have something to worry about here. At least Blackberry seems to be putting some serious effort into their platform. They came out pretty strong with this new OS and the UI is different enough to raise some eyebrows. No one, NO ONE, is going to say "Nope, I am not getting a Blackberry because Windows Phone has such phenomenal games and Office!" The ONLY thing WP has is the user interface...that's it in my opinion - and I do love it. However, Microsoft could learn a thing or two if you ask me. This WP has been an absolute f'n disaster and if it wasn't for Nokia, the Windows Phone platform would be dead.

    Again, I don't mean to sound all doom and gloom but lets not overlook a new venture by fooling ourselves into thinking "we've got this".
    I agree. My previous post is right above your's. And since that post, I think I think there's a strong possibility I'm going to try out BB10 with the Z10 even though I just bought my 920 a few months ago. Sigh, I'm killing my wallet lol. But BB10 just seems so complete and mature and very fitting for a business person like myself.

    Although I think I'll let myself sleep over this before I make this big decision since I do easily get infactuated by cool tech and sometimes regret buying things impusively. Anyways, I just wanted to point out a few things I really like in BB10 from a WP user's perspective:
    - notification light
    - gestures (simply very cool)
    - personal and works modes
    - being able to "peek" at notifications simultaneously while in an app/game
    - developer support (it has has dropbox already!! what?? and WP doesnt??)
    - fluidity; from watching BB10 videos on youtube so far, I've seen zero lag; that cannot be said about the Ubuntu phone, which I also got a little excited over
    - it's "cool"; (I have the 920, and I think the phone itself i.e. the hardware, is cool, but WP, the software, just isn't "cool")

    And a few things I don't like so much about the BB10, particularly the Z10 model (since that's the only model I would consider buying):
    - 4.2" isn't large enough. I want 4.5"- 5".
    - design is ok only
    - I kind of want curved glass that's on the 920, but not sure if that's patented by nokia or something. I think all phones that use gestures should have curved glass at the edges
    - buttons and ports seem to be positioned all over the place
    Last edited by kittshelby; 01-30-2013 at 09:37 PM.
  13. omniusovermind's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    378 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by joeynox View Post
    I just want instagram. Why can't I have instagram? The verge said they used instagram on bb10. Wtf . I hate Microsoft. They should have just given every dev of the top 100 apps 1million bucks to port over the apps.
    For those that missed it, CEO of BB has already stated that Instagram IS coming to BB10, they're just late to the party.

    As for the stock market comments,
    The stock drop wasn't entirely unanticipated. Lots of investors cashing in from recent gains. Day-to-day volatility isn't an indicator of overall company health. Market cap still way closer to book value than it was 6 months ago
  14. erzhik's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    376 Posts
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    For those that missed it, CEO of BB has already stated that Instagram IS coming to BB10, they're just late to the party.

    As for the stock market comments,
    He didn't say instagram was coming, he said they were in talks with instagram. And theverge didnt play with native instagram app, they looked at android version running, because apparently you can convert android apps to run on bb10.
  15. z33dev33l's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    #65  
    Really though, this thing is archaic in terms of usability. Aside from the screen tech it brings little of interest except android without the ecosystem. The device itself looks about as interesting as the OG Droid and my original Samsung blackjack from 2007 takes higher quality photos. I won't lie, I was scared of what they had to offer when I saw early renders but today, I kicked back and laughed at the presentation. Let's see if a name can sell a phone (sadly, we know it can) because the name is pretty much the only plus.
  16. cckgz4's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,885 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,727 Global Posts
    #66  
    ROTFLMAO!!

    Wait what are these apps that it has that WP is missing? I'll wait while you gather your thoughts
    Nokia Lumia 1020 owner here...

  17. cckgz4's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,885 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,727 Global Posts
    #67  
    And Blackberry is giving the same quote MS gave about Instagram, so no there's no instagram.
    Nokia Lumia 1020 owner here...

  18. cckgz4's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,885 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,727 Global Posts
    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjalsma View Post
    It's funny how users of a platform that has let's say 3% of the mobile marketshare can say "Nah, nothing to see here" about Blackberry. Let's be honest here, and this is coming from a Windows Phone fanatic, we have something to worry about here. At least Blackberry seems to be putting some serious effort into their platform. They came out pretty strong with this new OS and the UI is different enough to raise some eyebrows. No one, NO ONE, is going to say "Nope, I am not getting a Blackberry because Windows Phone has such phenomenal games and Office!" The ONLY thing WP has is the user interface...that's it in my opinion - and I do love it. However, Microsoft could learn a thing or two if you ask me. This WP has been an absolute f'n disaster and if it wasn't for Nokia, the Windows Phone platform would be dead.

    Again, I don't mean to sound all doom and gloom but lets not overlook a new venture by fooling ourselves into thinking "we've got this".
    And it's funny how someone could even dream of uttering Microsoft learning anything from a company that pushed a release date back a year with no huge wow factors or leading apps and stumbled all throughout a major press conference.

    This is the BIGGEST I've heard of people talking about Windows Phone. More and more I see facebook statuses with an origin from Windows Phone along with statuses that talk about how they like their windows phones. I see commercials every other day for the Surface or for a WP8. I think you are overexaggerating a wee bit
    Nokia Lumia 1020 owner here...

  19. omniusovermind's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    378 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by cckgz4 View Post

    This is the BIGGEST I've heard of people talking about Windows Phone. More and more I see facebook statuses with an origin from Windows Phone along with statuses that talk about how they like their windows phones
    Fact: BB was one of the most talked about brands on Facebook
    Here's the rankings:
    # | Name | People Talking About
    1 Blackberry 9,686,063
    2 Trident 1,011,724
    3 Grammarly 872,413
    4 Wexley School for Girls 285,447
    5 iPhone 269,169
    6 FΔSHION 423,908
    7 Mozilla Firefox 289,049
    8 Kit Kat 864,994
    9 Hunter Safety System 169,816
    10 The Conservative Newsfeed 170,628

    Do you see WP8 there anywhere?

    Source.

    Fact: BB has been trending on Twitter in the top 10 pretty much all of this month.

    Fact: Your own WP8 website's "Trending Now" list contain 3 Blackberry topics at this very moment. On a WP8 website.
  20. ohgood's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    655 Posts
    Global Posts
    659 Global Posts
    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    Fact: BB was one of the most talked about brands on Facebook
    Here's the rankings:
    # | Name | People Talking About
    1 Blackberry 9,686,063
    2 Trident 1,011,724
    3 Grammarly 872,413
    4 Wexley School for Girls 285,447
    5 iPhone 269,169
    6 FΔSHION 423,908
    7 Mozilla Firefox 289,049
    8 Kit Kat 864,994
    9 Hunter Safety System 169,816
    10 The Conservative Newsfeed 170,628

    Do you see WP8 there anywhere?

    Source.

    Fact: BB has been trending on Twitter in the top 10 pretty much all of this month.

    Fact: Your own WP8 website's "Trending Now" list contain 3 Blackberry topics at this very moment. On a WP8 website.
    Reality of now.... looks like bb has mind share to me...
    awwwww how sweeeeeet. thanks !
  21. cckgz4's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,885 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,727 Global Posts
    #71  
    ROTF!

    Of course it'd be trending less than 24hrs of the announcement. If it didn't, you'd have bigger problems than trolling this forum.

    And why are you even mentioning wp8 not trending when my mention of it was merely stating it has more awareness now compared to its initial release? Nobody expected it to be trending months from now. But I understand grasping at straws seems to be your argument so you can have that, I guess.
    Nokia Lumia 1020 owner here...

    Thanked by:
  22. crystal_planet's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    963 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
    Reality of now.... looks like bb has mind share to me...
    The day of its release and it's trending? Wow, colour me shocked.
    My next phone...
  23. ohgood's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    655 Posts
    Global Posts
    659 Global Posts
    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal_planet View Post
    The day of its release and it's trending? Wow, colour me shocked.
    Not the best article, but I believe it said bb has been trending this week, not yesterday alone.

    The coolest part is that with bb and wp fighting for third, we will see some real innovation along the way... trickle up is the right expression ?
    awwwww how sweeeeeet. thanks !
  24. Residing's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    129 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttsoldier View Post
    I haven't read through this thread so sorry if this is being repeated.

    I believe if bb10 edges WP8.. It's because of the carrier launch. Jesus. BlackBerry Is making sure their devices are available to everyone on all carriers.

    This is what Nokia should have done.
    Why single out Nokia? There are other WP oems, you know, like Samsung and HTC...

    Nokia (and HTC) did launch on all carriers in the U.S., except Sprint - but Sprint didn't want ANY WP8 devices when WP8 launched. At the end of the day, an OEM CANNOT force or mandate any carrier to carry their device; the carrier has to want to carry it.
  25. z33dev33l's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseySal View Post
    Fact: I lot of RIM fans have been forced to rim their fathers.
    uncalled for, reported.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Today is truly a sad day....
    By Major Trip in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 12-26-2012, 02:02 AM
  2. PSA: Today is the Last Day for the $100 GC Promotion
    By derek533 in forum General Microsoft News and Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-30-2012, 01:26 PM
  3. Today is the day!
    By jkrc717 in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-09-2012, 12:40 PM
  4. Today is the day!!!!....I think. for my country
    By 12Danny123 in forum WPCentral.com - Site News, Feedback, Help
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-19-2012, 08:33 AM
  5. How to know if my phone is branded or not!?
    By netko drugi in forum HTC HD 7 / 7s
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2011, 01:35 AM

Posting Permissions

B