Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Global Posts
    1,653 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeynox View Post
    Bb10 already has instagram and all the cool kid apps that ms is missing. That's the huge problem.
    I'm watching the Webcast... unless i missed it, I didn't see any Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by tk-093 View Post
    I'm watching the Webcast... unless i missed it, I didn't see any Instagram.
    Didn't see it either

Damn!!! 3 year contracts. They expect the phones to last that long???

Hmm Jessica Alba - Alicia Keys - Hot celeb at the launch? Where did we see that?

but as we write this review, the BlackBerry World store is overflowing with junk apps, many of which are being sold at premium prices.

Are there junk apps on other platforms? Undoubtedly, but here they not only seem to vastly outnumber the good apps, they're actually floating up to the top of the recommended and most popular apps lists. Quantity is beating quality over the head, and we're left doubting the quality of the curating process itself. That major entertainment apps like Netflix, Hulu, Pandora and Spotify will be missing at launch is disappointing.
    Oh I love this piece :). My worries are gone in a flash! Nice review btw

And now the celebrity endorsement. All these presentations are getting to be the same.

Global Posts
    1,653 Global Posts
    Ha, won't launch until Mid-march in the US? Plenty of time for Microsoft so show off some kick **** 8.1 features to take back any momentum...

Global Posts
    1,653 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by martinmc78 View Post
    Damn!!! 3 year contracts. They expect the phones to last that long???
    Some Canadian carriers do that.... 3 years is crazy.
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Well an increase in market share from 2.2% to 5.9% in a year is considered traction - almost a threefold increase - its possible to lose that 5.9% obviously. Just hedging a bet that the big boys will lose market share over bb10 rather than wp8 market share declining
    1% marketshare worldwide. That's what Windows Phone has after 2.5 years.

Global Posts
    659 Global Posts
    But does it have office?
    There are so few people that care about office on a phone, in my limited experience, it will not matter.
    awwwww how sweeeeeet. thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by ammarmalik2011 View Post
    1% marketshare worldwide. That's what Windows Phone has after 2.5 years.
    1% globally? Where did you get that figure from?? Last I saw it was 2.6% globally.
    Last edited by martinmc78; 01-30-2013 at 10:42 AM.

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Yeah, it kinda is. But it's what has always been here - if you want a new smartphone for cheap, that's what you sign up for.
    My next phone...

Quote Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
    There are so few people that care about office on a phone, in my limited experience, it will not matter.
    Sarcasm was lost on you then?

Global Posts
    1,549 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Raduc78 View Post
    Engadget already has a review of the Z10, and they weren't impress with it.

BlackBerry Z10 review
    Imagine that! An Engadget review of a non-iOS product that was less than stellar. Color me shocked.
    snowmutt and JerseySal like this.

BlackBerry Z10 review: a new life, or life support? | The Verge

The verge isn't super amused as well.. Review of them here
    Developer

My opinion is firstly, congrats "Blackberry". Welcome to 2012.

However, secondly, it just looks like a bastardisation between Android and IOS. Im not sure why anyone would move from either of those platforms to BB10, and certainly not from WP8 to BB10. At least WP8 is trying to do something different. BB10 is just trying to do whats already been done in their own way to be different for difference sake.

Wish them luck though. The more competition and ideas the better, as long as they don't sue everyone :)
    Windows Phone/XNA Developer

Global Posts
    1,653 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwo View Post
    BlackBerry Z10 review: a new life, or life support? | The Verge

The verge isn't super amused as well.. Review of them here
    Yeah, I take back what I said about how easy it is to port your Android App over to BB10. Sounds like it kinda sucks (They are using Gingerbread, which is 2.3, runtime.) That's not good.

Quote Originally Posted by CommonBlob View Post
    My opinion is firstly, congrats "Blackberry". Welcome to 2012.

However, secondly, it just looks like a bastardisation between Android and IOS. Im not sure why anyone would move from either of those platforms to BB10, and certainly not from WP8 to BB10. At least WP8 is trying to do something different. BB10 is just trying to do whats already been done in their own way to be different for difference sake.

Wish them luck though. The more competition and ideas the better, as long as they don't sue everyone :)
    2013 my WP friend :)

Yeah, I take back what I said about how easy it is to port your Android App over to BB10. Sounds like it kinda sucks (They are using Gingerbread, which is 2.3, runtime.) That's not good.
    Plus I'm wondering what that would do for battery life
    Developer

2013 my WP friend :)
    I'll pretend that I did that on purpose, saying they are still 1 year late...but im afraid I just typed it wrong :)
    Windows Phone/XNA Developer

Global Posts
    1,653 Global Posts
    Plus I'm wondering what that would do for battery life
    Good point as well. It does probably put to bed things like Netflix and Instagram coming right away. No way they would simply port their app over using an Android 2.3 runtime.

I'm also leary about the Blackberry Hub... as we know with Windows Phone, if you're just using the 3rd party APIs to get Facebook updates you get all those stupid game requests and crap that you have filtered out of the website or native apps on Android or iOS. I can totally see my Blackberry Hub filled with crap stuff that I would probably remove that junk out of there.

The Verge review is pretty good and they do give the Z10 a 7.0. Not bad. Sounds like battery life is an issue, which current Blackberry users will not like... at all.

Good point as well. It does probably put to bed things like Netflix and Instagram coming right away. No way they would simply port their app over using an Android 2.3 runtime.

I'm also leary about the Blackberry Hub... as we know with Windows Phone, if you're just using the 3rd party APIs to get Facebook updates you get all those stupid game requests and crap that you have filtered out of the website or native apps on Android or iOS. I can totally see my Blackberry Hub filled with crap stuff that I would probably remove that junk out of there.

The Verge review is pretty good and they do give the Z10 a 7.0. Not bad. Sounds like battery life is an issue, which current Blackberry users will not like... at all.
    But Tk, let's be honest, for a company that has a lot at stake with this phone coming out, do you think a 7 will do? 'just' a seven?
    All major Canadian carriers do 3 years. 2 years are offered but at a measly 150 dollars off the phone, 1 years might get 100 bucks off. The thing that pisses me off the most is Rogers can't even be courteous enough to provide a free jar of KY for the @** raping you get on your first bill.

I have to be honest, I was a little concerned about BB10 making a big splash but after today's launch the BB10 features really didn't impress me as much as I thought they would. Aside from the older demographic I don't see the younger generation rushing out to buy BB10 devices.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squire777 View Post
    I have to be honest, I was a little concerned about BB10 making a big splash but after today's launch the BB10 features really didn't impress me as much as I thought they would. Aside from the older demographic I don't see the younger generation rushing out to buy BB10 devices.
    The investors weren't impressed either because the stock is dropping like a rock. I do have a soft spot for BB since that was my first smartphone. Also, more competition is better for us consumers.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast