Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Quote Originally Posted by morpho4444 View Post
    BlackBerry has not only staff dedicated to tune up for BB11.. they have their own subsidiary, QNX dedicated only to tune up the OS.... and.. is BIG
    If that is true then the people in charge there really need to crack the whip more often. No excuses for BB10 to be 2 years late then. Being understaffed and cutting money to say in the red is a great excuse, but if they really are that big still, no excuses.
    Big Supes likes this.

RIM stocks have been steadily rising and gaining steam. I should have bought some earlier and sell before the poor sale outlooks came in.
    Thanked by:

if Windows Phone wants to go anywhere, they need to capture the teen/young adult demographic. like it or not, I believe that's a big key to having a large market share.

I have tried contacting snapchat and instagram. snapchat hasnt responded to the 5 emails I've sent them, and Instagram hasn't responded either. both of these companies lack motivation to develop for windows phone, therefore MS needs to reevaluate how it is presenting it's product, both for sales and ease of developing.

it's adapt or die out there, and it's already going to be tough to steer people away from their beloved iPhones and Androids. the way I see it, we have to be able to at least match them app-wise.

when Blackberry 10 comes out, it is rumored to have instagram and many other apps. if it does, why the heck would people ever buy a windows phone over iOS/Android (already a firm lock of market share) and now BB (which will be the best 3rd option)

I just want Windows Phone to succeed. I have one and believe in the product if they can get some app traction
    Big Supes likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by odoggyfresh View Post
    if Windows Phone wants to go anywhere, they need to capture the teen/young adult demographic. like it or not, I believe that's a big key to having a large market share.

I have tried contacting snapchat and instagram. snapchat hasnt responded to the 5 emails I've sent them, and Instagram hasn't responded either. both of these companies lack motivation to develop for windows phone, therefore MS needs to reevaluate how it is presenting it's product, both for sales and ease of developing.

it's adapt or die out there, and it's already going to be tough to steer people away from their beloved iPhones and Androids. the way I see it, we have to be able to at least match them app-wise.

when Blackberry 10 comes out, it is rumored to have instagram and many other apps. if it does, why the heck would people ever buy a windows phone over iOS/Android (already a firm lock of market share) and now BB (which will be the best 3rd option)

I just want Windows Phone to succeed. I have one and believe in the product if they can get some app traction
    I can't see anything other than the post you just described continuing. MS failed to do one very important thing when they relaunched WP under WP8: they didn't change the name. MS should have totally rebranded it because out of all the current offerings, "windows phone" is probably the most uncool name you could choose from.
    Bobert_123 likes this.

BB10, imo, looks like a mix of N9 and Android. Not attractive at all. I think it'll attract a different type of person than WP8.

Global Posts
    1,655 Global Posts
    Apps are gonna be the thing. Sitting in a meeting with Blackberry folks and they said you can take an Android app and 5 minutes it will be a BB10 app and the user won't know a difference. That means things like Instagram can probably be ported with no more staff on Instagrams side. That could be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by odoggyfresh View Post
    if windows phone wants to go anywhere, they need to capture the teen/young adult demographic. Like it or not, i believe that's a big key to having a large market share.

I have tried contacting snapchat and instagram. Snapchat hasnt responded to the 5 emails i've sent them, and instagram hasn't responded either. Both of these companies lack motivation to develop for windows phone, therefore ms needs to reevaluate how it is presenting it's product, both for sales and ease of developing.

It's adapt or die out there, and it's already going to be tough to steer people away from their beloved iphones and androids. The way i see it, we have to be able to at least match them app-wise.

When blackberry 10 comes out, it is rumored to have instagram and many other apps. If it does, why the heck would people ever buy a windows phone over ios/android (already a firm lock of market share) and now bb (which will be the best 3rd option)

i just want windows phone to succeed. I have one and believe in the product if they can get some app traction

QFT

owegjiopwejipfgj
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I have both BB9780 and Lumia 920 (Windows phone 8) and wish both platforms successfully against iOS.

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eeninay View Post
    I have both BB9780 and Lumia 920 (Windows phone 8) and wish both platforms successfully against iOS.
    This is BB10 Time
    Bobert_123 and lynxs_claw like this.

Remember how the Storm looked great before launch and BB fans thought it would be a worthy competitor to the iPhone?

I think people need to wait til results before crowning BB10. I don't doubt that it will take #3 spot in North America but I'm not convinced for the rest of the world.

Global Posts
    1,655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squire777 View Post
    Remember how the Storm looked great before launch and BB fans thought it would be a worthy competitor to the iPhone?

I think people need to wait til results before crowning BB10. I don't doubt that it will take #3 spot in North America but I'm not convinced for the rest of the world.
    Good point. A lot of people fell for the Storm.
    Thanked by:
    Quote Originally Posted by tk-093 View Post
    Good point. A lot of people fell for the Storm.
    My cousin will never touch another BlackBerry device due to his experience with the Storm.

Global Posts
    1,080 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    My cousin will never touch another BlackBerry device due to his experience with the Storm.
    yea I had the storm 1 and 2.......yikes
    Quote Originally Posted by irvin792 View Post
    Wow! He gave up after Storm 1.

Global Posts
    1,080 Global Posts
    Wow! He gave up after Storm 1.
    lol yea back then tho there wasn't much to offer other than the iPhone, which I didn't want.
    lol yea back then tho there wasn't much to offer other than the iPhone, which I didn't want.
    He got the OG Motorola Droid, since he stayed with VZW.

Global Posts
    970 Global Posts
    Sorry, you guys can keep trying to compare BB10 to the Storm, but all the Storm was was just BBOS with full touch. BB10 is a completely new platform and if you have seen the many leaks and videos of the high performance, efficient UI of BB10 and developer support.. you really should instead of making lame comparisons to old operating systems and phones that RIM has already recognized require a major update.

In 3 days we'll all see the release of this most impressive mobile experience in quite sometime.

Global Posts
    1,382 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lynxs_claw View Post
    In 3 days we'll all see the release of this most impressive mobile experience in quite sometime.
    Oh boy.

BB10 is like modern Android, but uglier.

Global Posts
    970 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryNil View Post
    Oh boy.

BB10 is like modern Android, but uglier.
    Really.. Pretty weak argument.. Grided applications, square icons.. doesn't seem too different.. I guess beauty will always be in the eye of the beholder.. But if you're into fluorescent multicolors that wake you up better than coffee... then..
    Sorry, you guys can keep trying to compare BB10 to the Storm, but all the Storm was was just BBOS with full touch. BB10 is a completely new platform and if you have seen the many leaks and videos of the high performance, efficient UI of BB10 and developer support.. you really should instead of making lame comparisons to old operating systems and phones that RIM has already recognized require a major update.

The point I made about the Storm is that some people who had one had such a bad experience that they are turned off by the BlackBerry brand completely. They don't care about the new OS; if it says "BlackBerry", they won't touch it. Kind of like people who had a bad experience with a PC virus so they got a Mac and won't use a PC again.

Global Posts
    970 Global Posts
    The point I made about the Storm is that some people who had one had such a bad experience that they are turned off by the BlackBerry brand completely. They don't care about the new OS; if it says "BlackBerry", they won't touch it. Kind of like people who had a bad experience with a PC virus so they got a Mac and won't use a PC again.
    I'm not sure everyone is that fickle. Some.. Yes. Take me for instance.. I survived Windows Vista. Microsoft's worse operating system ever made IMO. Did I dump Microsoft when Windows 7 came out.. No. I think all tech companies are entitled to a few mistakes - as long as they learn from it. RIM's issue is that there are better alternatives to BBOS on the market right now.. BB10 will change that ...

Global Posts
    1,080 Global Posts
    I say bring em on, I'd prefer a straight up fight compared to all this sneaking around!!! ;)
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squire777 View Post

I think Canada but in a year if WP8 is not number 3 MS have are failing badly.
    I don't believe the US carriers are going to push BB10 like they have pushed BB in the past. There was an interview with a Verizon bigwig where he stated they will make WP8 big like they made Android big with the Droid commercials...it's very early for Verizon and they don't have a WP8 superphone (coming in a couple of months)...
    ATT has never been a friend of BB.

In Canada, I think BB10 will do very well but probably not enough to catch up to iOS or Android...they will at least get their footing back.

It's the rest of the world that is more concerning to me for RIM...they need to have a product for the low cost markets of Africa, Brazil and Indonesia...BB10 initial release devices are not low cost by any stretch...

Being Canadian I wish RIM all the best

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    Really.. Pretty weak argument.. Grided applications, square icons.. doesn't seem too different.. I guess beauty will always be in the eye of the beholder.. But if you're into fluorescent multicolors that wake you up better than coffee... then..
    There is not much different for the average consumer...remember that we are not the average consumer...they will look more at the hardware and what their friends have...
    I do like the white BB10 very much though but I see very little of interest in the OS but that's just from what I've seen on video...who knows what it's like to use everyday

Oh no someone poked the fan boy . 🐑