Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Bing.com And FOX News Team up Again To Bring Real-time Online Polling To News Content
    "Microsoft Bing.com today announced their partnership with Fox News Channel once again to bring real-time online polling during various news programs.
    REDMOND, Wash., Sept. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — Bing.com and FOX News Channel (FNC) are teaming up on the Bing Pulse online voting tool, enabling viewers to share their opinions and reactions to news commentary in real time online at Special Report - Bing Politics. With the new feature, viewers will have the opportunity to interact with the panel segment on FNC’s “Special Report with Bret Baier” (weeknights at 6 p.m. ET) to offer their feedback instantaneously."
    Thanked by:
    frett 
    good idea!
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,494 Global Posts
    I am not from the US ... can someone explain why it could be a bad idea? Thx

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Because Fox News is slightly more Right Wing than Genghis Khan.
    Thanked by:
    Nickkk101 likes this.

Better than CNN race baiters.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by crash1989 View Post
    Fox News has a bit of reputation (up to the individual to determine if valid or not) of being completely OTT with its message. Personally, I find the personalities on Fox News mildly entertaining, even if I don't take alot of what they say seriously. However, all the 24 hour news stations have personalities that grate on your nerves. So its nor exclusive to FN.
    aximtreo, crash1989 and xandros9 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mjrtoo View Post
    Better than CNN race baiters.
    Hows that?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDedrick View Post
    Hows that?
    Have you watched CNN, all they do is instigate racist agendas, propogating the very thing that they pretend to be outraged by.

Have you watched CNN, all they do is instigate racist agendas, propogating the very thing that they pretend to be outraged by.
    Such as? And a link would be great.

Global Posts
    2,362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crash1989 View Post
    Fox News has the reputation of being biased towards the conservative side of US politics, which has a bit of an image problem with some. At least how I see it from the outside.

Can't please everyone, the partnership will be OK to some, OH NO to others.

Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    Fox News has the reputation of being biased towards the conservative side of US politics, which has a bit of an image problem with some. At least how I see it from the outside.

Can't please everyone, the partnership will be OK to some, OH NO to others.
    And most conservatives would say the same about liberal bias on ALL other news networks.

It's just a matter of political opinion. Fox tends to be more blunt and "honest" with their conservatism in their opinion shows. While other stations try to come across as objective, but really are far from it. Objective journalism is gone at least in the US.

Microsoft should make any partnerships they can with news organizations etc to boost their Bing brand.
    Thanked by:
    Reflexx, rdubmu, gsquared and 3 others like this.

Global Posts
    1,487 Global Posts
    Fox News has triple the ratings than the other news shows . Good idea
    Thanked by:
    Reflexx, rdubmu, DaveGx and 3 others like this.

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Its hard news programming is the fairest out there. The ratings prove it. The opinion programming is definitely right wing.

Sent from my PM23300 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    rdubmu and DaveGx like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazmac View Post
    Such as? And a link would be great.
    I'm not posting links, but their support of al sharpton is good enough, that dude is the ultimate racist, and until the black community realizes they are being used by these douchebags, racism will run rampant.
    Thanked by:
    DaveGx 
    DaveGx and GardSec like this.

I'm not posting links, but their support of al sharpton is good enough, that dude is the ultimate racist, and until the black community realizes they are being used by these douchebags, racism will run rampant.
    Doesn't Al Sharpton work for MSNBC? And its a bit of a generalization to suggest the black community and their support (or alleged support because not all of us do) of a public figure is the lone reason racism "run rampant"
    Thanked by:

Smart move. Their ratings destroy competing cable news outlets. I'm Conservative, and admit their OPINION shows slant Right, but the opinion shows of other networks slant Left. The news portion of Fox News is pretty fair no matter what anyone tells you.

Global Posts
    1,182 Global Posts
    I think that its a great idea! While I may not agree with 100% of what Fox News says, if you had to pick a station, why not go to the highest rated one in the US? Sometimes I think that other news stations like to pretend that Fox News is a small band of conservative nuts while ignoring the fact that their show pales in comparison. So basically Fox News is the popular kid that people love to hate because its super popular (Apple anyone?)

The political arguement does not concern me. Those arguments are almost as pointless as arguing about mobile devices ;)

MSFT does need to get Bing as far reaching as possible. Hopping into the arm-chair CEO seat I believe they should emphasize their greatest strengths. That wonderful image of the day and Bing Rewards. Other than that a search engine is a search engine is a search engine..
    Support your third-party developers. There just about all we have...
    sumothong01 likes this.

Doesn't Al Sharpton work for MSNBC? And its a bit of a generalization to suggest the black community and their support (or alleged support because not all of us do) of a public figure is the lone reason racism "run rampant"
    My point being is that they continue to propagate racist belief when there is none. And ignore the outrage if it's not if their race.
    DaveGx and Micah Dawson like this.

Global Posts
    1,541 Global Posts
    Rev. Al has his show on MSNBC at 6:00PM ET. I watch his show sometimes waiting for mama to finish in the kitchen. I don't see any racism in his remarks. I agree that support for a particular activist by a particular race or ethnicity does not propagate racism in any way, shape or form. I listen to Tom Joyner in the AM and I can never get enough of Earth, Wind & Fire, Barry, Luther or Marvin. I guess that makes me an honorary Brutha and by default, I am racist.

Global Posts
    1,541 Global Posts
    So by your logic, all who listen to Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, etc. are "crackers" in the eyes of Negros and Hispanics? Stupid is an equal opportunity affliction. If a "liberal" can't listen to a conservative, or vice-versa, and form his/her own opinion about the issues without the ideological BS blinding them, they deserve everything they get.

For my international brothers and sisters, don't try to comprehend these posts. It's like listening to the Grateful Dead: if I have to explain, you won't understand.

It's not the lone reason, but its a HUGE instigator. What happens when a member of the black community speaks out about black on black crime and the entitlement attitude? He gets shunned like Bill Cosby.
    Al Sharpton has made it his career to keep racism alive and cooking. CNN and MSNBC turn a blind eye to it and therefore allow him to keep on "preaching." This gives their news a very bias perspective that is almost never countered by an opposing opinion.

Fox News anchors are generally conservative, but they almost always have guests of opposing views discuss back and forth. I've actually been swayed to a more liberal view by watching some of their shows and guest discussions.
    mjrtoo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fatclue_98 View Post
    So by your logic, all who listen to Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, etc. are "crackers" in the eyes of Negros and Hispanics? Stupid is an equal opportunity affliction. If a "liberal" can't listen to a conservative, or vice-versa, and form his/her own opinion about the issues without the ideological BS blinding them, they deserve everything they get.

For my international brothers and sisters, don't try to comprehend these posts. It's like listening to the Grateful Dead: if I have to explain, you won't understand.
    You realize that news guests and anchors have a huge impact on political opinions of their viewers right? It's no different than most people following the political views of their parents.

If a news station presents guest's opinions without providing objective counter arguments or guests that oppose their views, their viewers are going to be heavily swayed by those views. Most people aren't smart like us, their political opinions are heavily constructed by the news and their peers close to them.

Why do you think Apple has been so successful? Why do you think carriers are so successful at pushing Android phones? Because few people actually investigate things themselves and form opinions from their own discovery. Most people are either too lazy, or too busy with other things to take their own time on the subject.

Global Posts
    1,541 Global Posts
    What exactly is a racist agenda? Is calling out those who have disrespected the President of the United States in ways never before seen, a racist agenda? Is reporting the growing disparity between the haves and the have nots a racist agenda? Please explain it to me. This is coming from a Latino man who has been called "****" enough times in the 44 years living in this country.

Global Posts
    1,541 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spaulagain View Post
    You realize that news guests and anchors have a huge impact on political opinions of their viewers right? It's no different than most people following the political views of their parents.

If a news station presents guest's opinions without providing objective counter arguments or guests that oppose their views, their viewers are going to be heavily swayed by those views. Most people aren't smart like us, their political opinions are heavily constructed by the news and their peers close to them.

Why do you think Apple has been so successful? Why do you think carriers are so successful at pushing Android phones? Because few people actually investigate things themselves and form opinions from their own discovery. Most people are either too lazy, or too busy with other things to take their own time on the subject.
    As Ron White opined: You can't fix stupid. Stupid is forevahhh.
    jasqid likes this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast