Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By bowlermonk
  • 4 Post By irvin792
  • 1 Post By sinime
  • 1 Post By o0Nighthawk0o

For anyone else who uses Bing Rewards, did you notice that the "$5 for apps and games on Windows Phone 8" reward is gone? It has been my goal since I got my phone (I have redeemed it numerous times) but when I checked today, it was gone. Has anyone heard why this is?
    Thanked by:
    gonzalezo21 and interopbyt like this.

Yes I noticed, and I was at 340 points. Guess will have to settle on 2 - $1.25 for apps and games instead.

Also noticed they changed bing search rewards now it is " 1 credit per 3 Bing searches up to 30 credits a day."
    TMobile Nokia Lumia 521 (GDR3/Black) - Prepaid Unlimited + 3gb Hotspot
    AT&T Nokia Lumia 520 - Net10 AT&T
    Retired Focus Flash (wp7.8 = 7.10.8862.14)
    Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager
    WPCentralApp Beta Tester

Yeah, I noticed (and cashed in on) the credit change. They have done that before. Seemed like it was a special, lasted maybe a few days, but I can't remember for sure.

Global Posts
    1,197 Global Posts
    They need to integrate Bing rewards for our native Bing search in wp8
    Quote Originally Posted by Corepc View Post
    Also noticed they changed bing search rewards now it is " 1 credit per 3 Bing searches up to 30 credits a day."
    This isn't a change - at least not a change that took place in the past six months.

Quote Originally Posted by irvin792 View Post
    They need to integrate Bing rewards for our native Bing search in wp8
    DING DING DING DING!!!
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Quote Originally Posted by Corepc View Post
    This seemed to have changed on me quite a while ago, before the $5 WP8 rewards dropped off. At first I was mad, but it used to be 1 per 2 searches up to 15 credits a day, and I like the option of getting more credits per day. Particularly because I do a lot of searches sometimes.

I hope they'll bring back the $5 WP8 rewards!!
    Developer

Global Posts
    4,117 Global Posts
    I noticed that the $5 deal was missing earlier today...

However, I just saw this post in another thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Mystictrust View Post
    Thanks for the link! That actually leads to the official page, which is here: Microsoft Account Transition to Local Currency | Billing and Subscriptions - Xbox.com

It looks like the points will be converted into currency, which are then deposited into your Microsoft Account. Oh happy day, because check out this little nugget of info at the bottom:

Where can I use the funds in my Microsoft account?
    At this time, your Microsoft account can be used to buy a variety Xbox content from your favorite Xbox stores, as well as content from the Windows Phone Store using your Windows Phone 8.

I imagine this will also apply to the Xbox One store, and surely they will have PLENTY of content in there... including full version games, which we all of course know. This is a good thing, considering I have over $50 worth of points from gifts, promos, and Xbox Live Rewards program It's hard to believe that they are actually starting to tie things into Windows Phone now. THIS IS GREAT NEWS! Now to tip WPCentral for front page news...
    It looks like once they transition MS Points to real world currency, your MS account will be able to use that money for XBox and/or apps from the Windows Phone Store... So maybe there will be a new offer in the near future where they elliminate the MS point and Phone Store credits in favor of just an MS prepaid card?

EDIT: the more I think about it, maybe I should stock up on MS points by redeeming the 400 MS points for 475 Bing Rewards Points? Aren't 400 MS points worth $5... If so, it would actually be a better deal than paying 515 BRP for $5 on Windows Phone Store, ONLY issue is that you wouldn't be able to use them for phone apps until they switch over to the new system, later this fall.
    Last edited by sinime; 06-13-2013 at 10:44 AM.
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8)
    Meme 8 Ball (WP8)

interopbyt likes this.

Dammit I just saw this. I have 3 accounts for everyone in my house and have just been racking up point over the past few months. Went to cash in and no $5. So now if you want $5 you pay 600 instead of 515. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    Developer

Global Posts
    4,117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DatManWolf View Post
    Dammit I just saw this. I have 3 accounts for everyone in my house and have just been racking up point over the past few months. Went to cash in and no $5. So now if you want $5 you pay 600 instead of 515. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    If you don't mind waiting until XBox's MS points shift over to real world money, just stock up on the 400 MS points which are only 475 Rewards points! It's a better deal than $5 for 515 rewards points because 400 MS points should = $5.
    Last edited by sinime; 06-28-2013 at 08:41 AM.
    Meme 8 Ball (WP8)

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Just noticed this as well. I wish it was all just universal - like being able to use funds from your Microsoft Account Wallet for Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, and Xbox 360.

Oddly enough, I Bing every day and I am a Gold member or whatever but I never got the 30 credits a day thing. I still only get 15.

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    It looks like the $5 Bing reward for Windows Phone 8 is back up.

Quick tip, if you are in the xbox dash beta then your Microsoft points turn into money, it adds to the money in your wallet on wp8 so you should be able to buy the 400 MS point card and it will turn into $5 on your phone, since the points are cheaper than the $5.

If you are not in the beta, and dont mind waiting, you can stock up on points, and when they do the transition in like a month (not sure of date) it will turn into cash for your Microsoft account.

They added $8 to mine, so now I have $10, so I can get halo when it drops

Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    If you don't mind waiting until XBox's MS points shift over to real world money, just stock up on the 400 MS points which are only 475 Rewards points! It's a better deal than $5 for 515 rewards points because 400 MS points should = $5.
    Please note though...they WILL expire. I believe the Cash that was converted from Points expires 1 year after the conversion. So don't go buy $200 in pts hoping to use it for the next 5-10 years. Sorry I can't post a link, but Bing "ms points to dollars expiration" and you will see the articles.

Quote Originally Posted by James8561 View Post
    Not still there, but It is back again.
    [It really was gone]
    Developer

Global Posts
    4,117 Global Posts
    It's all good... It will be usable for WP8, Win 8 & XBox... I'm sure I'll find something on one of those to buy within a year ;)
    Meme 8 Ball (WP8)

For those missing the $5.00 WP App cards through Bing Rewards, it is back. 515 points for gold members and 525 regular. I am glad I waited before cashing any points in for the $1.25 card.
    Thanked by:
    interopbyt likes this.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Ok great glad its back. Going to cash in now in preparation for Halo Spartan Assault.

gone again

5 is gone, But they added a 3 dollar to replace it. You need 360 points
    TMobile Nokia Lumia 521 (GDR3/Black) - Prepaid Unlimited + 3gb Hotspot
    AT&T Nokia Lumia 520 - Net10 AT&T
    Retired Focus Flash (wp7.8 = 7.10.8862.14)
    Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager
    WPCentralApp Beta Tester

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I now have a $3 Xbox card for 360 points
    Get an Xbox gift card for games and entertainment on Xbox One, Xbox 360, Windows Phone 8, and other select Microsoft online stores

Anyone else read the fine print of the $3 Xbox card?

It states that the funds will expire after 1 year from the date of purchase.

While the $3 windows phone doesn't have any detail other than a description.

All my WP money filtered in with my Xbox points conversion. So does anyone know if the WP gift card has the same stipulations as the Xbox gift card? If so, I need to start buying crap....