Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I have had a vivotab rt for 2 months and it worked fine until about 2 weeks ago, when suddenly no streaming video worked. Netflix, youtube, hulu, all of those will almost immediate freeze the tablet if I try playing a video. I'll get no more than about 10 seconds into a video before the entire system freezes and the audio turns into a loud buzzing sound. The only way to stop it is via the reset button.

I've tried doing all of the updates and I have tried resetting the system and nothing makes videos work on this. Is there anything I can do or maybe even claim a warranty through ASUS and get another vivotab?

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    What reset have you tried? Was it a full system restore, or was it just simply turning the tablet off and back on? Please contact me at cl-tien@asus.com and I will be more than happy to help you figure this out. You do have a warranty on the device, but if it is over 30 days from the reseller, we cannot exchange it for you, only service and repair.

I did the "Refresh Your PC without Affecting Your Files" option. Do you think I need to do the full blown factory reset?

Thanks.

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Yeh, I would give that a shoot if the first refresh did not work. It works, it would rule out the possibility of a hardware defect.

I tried doing the full system reset and hulu and netflix seem to be working for now but youtube still freezes up almost instantly. Could it be a problem with flash maybe?
    Last edited by Member321; 02-23-2013 at 01:00 AM.

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Are you using the browser to view YouTube from the desktop view or from the Metro? Or does it not matter which view you are in? Or are you using the Youtube Player app from the MS App Store?

Flash will not work on every website using the built in IE 10, but YouTube should be on Microsoft's "whitelist" of working sites. Since you've just restored your tablet, keep checking for updates to see if any new ones roll in that will help with this.

The problems with youtube are in the metro IE, the desktop IE, youtube app, and google search engine app. I also was watching some kind of intro video for Microsoft Office when I updated it and that video froze too. I called ASUS and they gave me information to send it in.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    it's the new Nvidia driver update, when I first got my Vivotab RT TF600 all videos ran smooth with no stutter at all, MP4, online videos everything was
    smooth, then I download the new updates a few days ago and BOOM no more smooth video,
    So i did a Full system Restore the one that deletes everything and my system was back to smooth video and no stutter.
    then i went back and unchecked the hardware packaged in the update list,
    so i could get the rest of the system updates without updating the Nvidia drivers.

Hi,

Yeah. i really believe its the NVIDIA drivers... i started to get Video (flickering) issue as well since last update. :(

br,

rj77