- 09-17-2013, 01:25 AM #1
in the end I'll probably stay in Windows Phone land for the following reasons:
- I love live tiles and the ability to pin web sites, contacts and Gmail labels to the start screen
- I love the fact that I can size the tiles 3 different ways(for most of them) and arrange them in a way that's logical to me
- I love the fact that I can choose from 20+ accent colors
- I love the fact that Windows Phone has a dedicated app list instead of how iOS does it which is to vomit every app install onto the start screen
- I love the fact that the Lumia 920 is made of premium polycarbonate that means you don't have to put a case on it. The iPhone is listed at 112 grams, but everyone puts a case on it which means that listed weight is really a fraud. If you try to use an iPhone 5S BARE, the back will get scratched to hell.
So while I'd love to have the fully-featured iPhone and all the apps, it's those things which are keeping me in the WP-land. Bottom line is the WP start screen reflects my personality and any iOS screen just makes me feel like I'm another i-Drone.
Note: I use iOS on the iPad.Thanked by:
- 09-17-2013, 02:05 AM #3
- 09-17-2013, 02:17 AM #5
I'd be happy to switch to an Iphone if they bought something really innovative like NFC or Bluetooth to its actual functionality, but switching to an Iphone just because it gained some height, doesn't make any real sense to me.
But hey, thats just me.
- 09-19-2013, 03:02 AM #8HTC Droid Incredible --> Apple iPhone 4S --> Nokia Lumia 920 --> BlackBerry Z10 --> HTC One --> iPhone 5Thanked by:
- 09-19-2013, 03:11 AM #9
I don't know why but I feel you should read this thread, it'll add some more fuel to the fire
WP Lovers - Check out this Real Gangster thread (I made it)
Also seeing that Iphone's real sales are taking a hit, their share price too took a hit, I don't know how can someone claim that his product is innovative when the technology was implemented by another company in their device in 2011, strange eh?
But hey, fans will still queue outside apple stores to get that device before everyone else that is a few centimeters longer than its previous model and another one made in polycarbonate copied from a rival model which is doing very well and yet claiming it to be unique, bah you could fool fans but you cannot fool people who've seen the world, specially with that cumulative sales chart, tells a different tale alltogether ;), good luck with that kinda innovation and plagiarism, only invites criticism.
Last edited by montsa007; 09-19-2013 at 03:23 AM.
- 09-19-2013, 03:25 AM #11
09-19-2013, 05:02 AM #12
- 109 Posts
Apple must realise that with Windows Phone, Microsoft innovated in how users interact with their device in ways many people, especially detractors, have yet to appreciate. The designers at Microsoft realised that some limitations in GUIs aren't logical, but habitual. The revisions in iOS 7 are purely cosmetic and this shows that Apple's designers don't understand what Microsoft did.
Microsoft are suffering for their innovation, look at the fuss about the missing start button in windows 8, but people will adapt in time as the new paradigm sinks in. Their implementation of this paradigm is incomplete, so there will be further innovation along this line.
As for the view in the mirror, you're completely wrong. New Windows phones are available in screen sizes from 4" to 4.8" or 6", if you count the soon to be announced Lumia 1520. You can go for a colourful 520 with interchangeable covers, or 925 unibody design, or a metallic Samsung Ativ S. In cameras, you can have a standard 5 megapixel shooter like the Lumia 520 to a 8.6 megapixel Lumia 925 to a 41 megapixel Lumia 1020. Apple only offers one screen size, one camera and only now offers choice of colours.
If you don't like the iPhone aesthetically or it is unsuitable because its screen is too small, you're stuffed with Apple and that is how you can spot a clear design philosophy like Microsoft's, from a rigid one like Apple's. Unfortunately - and I mean unfortunately - Apple have failed to adapt this time.
- 09-19-2013, 05:04 AM #13
- 09-20-2013, 12:28 AM #15
- 09-20-2013, 02:30 AM #17
09-20-2013, 09:53 AM #19Thanked by:
- 179 Posts
- 09-21-2013, 01:36 PM #21
- By FearL0rd in forum Windows 8Replies: 15Last Post: 09-18-2013, 03:57 PM
- By RyanAck15 in forum Nokia Lumia 1520Replies: 4Last Post: 09-17-2013, 05:43 AM