Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Global Posts
    2,733 Global Posts
    Black 16 GB today from Radio Shack. Happy with my purchase. I'm eyeing a surface for the next holidays but will be watching W8 and WP8 news as they progress and will still stick around on the forums.
    Nokia Lumia 1020 owner here...

Don't worry we all make mistakes
    Thanked by:
    cckgz4, jomarr, berty6294 and 2 others like this.

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Good for you. Win8 RT Apps still load very slow. It reminds me of the Palm Pre. Some load fast but some load slow...

Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    Its q nice phone. Not sure you'll like iTunes if you're not use to it. Feels good having all the major apps and a working notification center eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by cckgz4 View Post
    Black 16 GB today from Radio Shack. Happy with my purchase. I'm eyeing a surface for the next holidays but will be watching W8 and WP8 news as they progress and will still stick around on the forums.
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr
    cckgz4 and xandros9 like this.
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    I had a iPhone 4s recently it only took me 1 week to get tired of launching apps just to see what is going on. The OS and device worked well and the hardware is top notch but having to launch an app every time I wanted an update was a PITA. The notifications center is useless. You will see how it is good thing you have 30 days to return it. I traded my 4s for a T2 I couldn't be happier. Let us know in a few weeks how you are liking it.
    cckgz4 likes this.

Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    Why you having to open a app you wanted an update.

Please, do tell how u get updates on a WP. Example, the WPC app doest give any information on the article itself, just that an new article has been posted. Just as any platform with notifications available. The tile is too small to show any useful information.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,762 Global Posts
    You'll learn to hate static screens with icons in a week. You'll be back to WP soon. :D

If you don't like Ryan Seacrest you won't like iTunes. :lol:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1ypn0y32Ac[/YT]
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    cckgz4 likes this.

Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    You temporarily left us. How could you?

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express
    cckgz4 likes this.
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    Why you having to open a app you wanted an update.

Please, do tell how u get updates on a WP. Example, the WPC app doest give any information on the article itself, just that an new article has been posted. Just as any platform with notifications available. The tile is too small to show any useful information.
    I'm not trying to hijack the thread here but I will give you one example. I have my daughter pinned to my start screen if she posts something on face book her live tile changes showing that she has posted. The only way I will know if she posted something on an iPhone is to open the Facebook app. I know you like iPhone jax I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that. Please done hate on me because it's not for me.
    A huge leap back at that.
    I personally love my iPhone 4, but I'm jumping to WP8 and either getting a Lumia 810 or 920. I think both platforms have great things to offer. Wouldn't go with an iPhone 5 because a few aspects of it sort of turn me off, such as the new small dock connector and the fact that the phone's taller but doesn't have a wider screen. But I hope you're happy with your new device. I think it's a good thing to use more than one platform. :)
    cckgz4 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Whoa! I never saw that coming....
    My next phone...
    cckgz4 likes this.

Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    Is iTunes still slow? How does it feel in the hand?

Global Posts
    1,504 Global Posts
    Oh common ..how could you...
    Lol! Just kidding ..have fun with your iDevice...

Sent from my RaZr HD.
    cckgz4 likes this.

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Grats and enjoy it dude. It's a very awesome phone.
    cckgz4 likes this.

I hate Apple products but Itunes kicks the crap out of Zune for my needs. It is simple and can do do what I want.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    Zune became bloated and slow, just like iTunes. I don't like either.

Global Posts
    2,733 Global Posts
    Its q nice phone. Not sure you'll like iTunes if you're not use to it. Feels good having all the major apps and a working notification center eh?
    I've had a 3GS before and nothing's new LOL. iTunes sucks on desktop.......but the App Store and iTunes on the phone is SO much better now with this new update. Very fast and responsive.

*whispers* feels great

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blake View Post
    I had a iPhone 4s recently it only took me 1 week to get tired of launching apps just to see what is going on. The OS and device worked well and the hardware is top notch but having to launch an app every time I wanted an update was a PITA. The notifications center is useless. You will see how it is good thing you have 30 days to return it. I traded my 4s for a T2 I couldn't be happier. Let us know in a few weeks how you are liking it.
    Lol ill admit having to clear three sections for notifications are somewhat tiresome, but the hardware and the apps are the trade off. Launching apps hasnt gotten to me yet, and i agree that having to go into social apps to see how friends and family are doing seems like a back step to windows' approach, but my timelines load extremely fast. Catching up doesnt take too long

Not a huge app person but being able to get those few apps I want to work great feels like a relief. I will report back with an update.

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    You'll learn to hate static screens with icons in a week. You'll be back to WP soon. :D

If you don't like Ryan Seacrest you won't like iTunes. :lol:

Honestly I hate it already, but overlooking it. Offers some great stuff. **** the map isn't bad either

Quote Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
    A huge leap back at that.
    Why?

Is iTunes still slow? How does it feel in the hand?
    Yes. Slow as mud and horribly designed still....on the desktop. On the phone, they've done a great job. And it feels light, even with a case. If you like that, you'll love it. Hardware feels great and impressive, so I'm good. Only thing I don't like is the jack on the bottom for headphones.

Zune became bloated and slow, just like iTunes. I don't like either.
    I agree with that as well. Was booting up last night and it took forever. Not sure why it has become painfully slow

palandri likes this.

Global Posts
    2,733 Global Posts
    To be honest, I wanted Instagram, chrome, and cinemagram. And then I started thinking about other things I could POSSIBLY want and didn't want to get so much later after people have moved on. That was my reasoning for switching. Loved my lumia and barely had problems, but having used my boyfriend's phone and seeing how fast everything is just made my decision. Having to load apps seems seamless so it's not a pain. There's no wait time. Using the Bing app feels like I never left windows lol. All of my decisions for choosing windows in the first place seem to be getting picked up by apple. Making a twitter or Facebook post from notification, Xbox music is coming, and all the integrated Microsoft features are mostly here. Not only that, I got a better google music app for my purchases I've made with android, I have nook AND kindle on ONE device, plus I'm discovering new items. I'd say I'm pretty happy

palandri likes this.
    Is there any particular reason you did not get an Android device, such as the S3?

Global Posts
    2,733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    Is there any particular reason you did not get an Android device, such as the S3?
    Mainly cost. AT&T offered an early upgrade for 450 while all the other phones were fully priced

Mainly cost. AT&T offered an early upgrade for 450 while all the other phones were fully priced
    Ok, that makes sense. If I were to switch platforms, I'd go Android (and Samsung). I despise iTunes too much to consider iPhone.

I also hate Apple's patent trolling and would rather support Samsung than Apple.
    Last edited by Laura Knotek; 10-28-2012 at 03:06 AM.

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    I've been using a gs3 these days because of a hookup from a friend. The OS is pretty nice but the phone is pretty horrible. Not a knock on Samsung since I think the focus line was decent but the galaxy is ***; I'd take a 5 over this hardware any day.

Details: lte glitch that burns full battery randomly over night, keyboard flashes... First bug is enough to make me hate it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    2,733 Global Posts
    I've found myself buying a lot of cases, well wish-listing cases LOL

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    I really wished a Nexus was really cheap for you. I really hate Apple but you're a pretty good guy so I'm pretty pissed that you are making me feel this way.

Oh, screw it - Apple sucks and by extension now so do you.

There. Happy now?
    My next phone...
    cckgz4 and a5cent like this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast