2,733 Global Posts
    So I went ahead and jailbroke the phone. I love it
    Nokia Lumia 1020 owner here...

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    ye, it is a big leap

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    I think we all know the iPhone is a well made, well operating phone and certainly I've thought about getting one but every time I think of that screen with row after row of icons, I get bored to death - and that's before I even get the thing. It brings a lot to the table but I can never get past that whole boring thing. Certainly Windows Phone is not without it's drawbacks but overall, I think it is the OS most likely NOT to bore me which is relatively important given how often I want to change phones I could kinda sorta say that about Android but with that, I am often reminded of all the force closes. Doesn't seem to matter what phone you get, there is no way anyone can guarantee that every app will run great on every phone and THAT is the problem with Android. As much as some people HATE how Apple and Microsoft control their environment, it is what keeps their phones running relatively smoothly. You want the freedom of Android, then be prepared to deal with all that entails. I get enough customization with WP to keep me interested and the phone is nothing if not smooth. Even my technologically impaired hubby prefers his Windows Phone over the iPhone (he's had both).
    Connie L - Windows Phone 8 always
    ShahdHamdan likes this.

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal_planet View Post
    I really wished a Nexus was really cheap for you. I really hate Apple but you're a pretty good guy so I'm pretty pissed that you are making me feel this way.

Oh, screw it - Apple sucks and by extension now so do you.

There. Happy now?
    Cute. Nice to see we can all laugh at this stuff. Some people take it so seriously. I don't like iphone either, not because its a crappy phone but because Apple has so many people thinking this is the ONLY phone of any value when in fact there are many really good ones out there now. But I suppose it's no different than the grip Harley has on its riders. Still, you really aren't buying the motorcyle (or the phone in this case). You're buying the lifestyle. I just hate being like everyone else, so many of whom have NO clue what to do with their phone. They only buy it to be "cool" and be like everyone else. I prefer to blaze my own trail and while my Windows Phone may or may not become the "in" thing, I am happy in my decision to go with it and not be one of the zillions who "drank the kool-aid"
    robinleck and LeLee092 like this.

iOS 7 looks like a solid update... I am actually looking forward to it.

the ip5 is a good phone overall

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad0 View Post
    iOS 7 looks like a solid update... I am actually looking forward to it.

the ip5 is a good phone overall
    Agree and i would go a step further and say that Apple has actually gotten my attention again after years of just sitting there living off their good looks.
  7. tgp

Global Posts
    1,791 Global Posts
    I tried out a 920 for awhile, but it was my 2nd phone and I decided to get rid of it. I had an opportunity to trade it for an iPhone 5, which I did because the cash value of the iPhone 5 is much higher. I played with it for awhile, although I had used an older iPhone awhile ago and hated it. After using the iPhone 5 for awhile, my honest unbiased view comparing it to the 920 is that "Now this is a real phone!" I don't expect that opinion to be popular here but it's how I felt. And, at the time, I would've had a much more positive attitude towards WP than Apple.
    I have a Nexus 4, an iPhone 5, and a Lumia 520, and I like them all. Is something wrong with me? (I really should edit my signature sometime. I have only 1 of these 3 phones anymore, and even that one is mostly unused because it's been superseded by its big brother!)

Global Posts
    2,733 Global Posts
    I actually left the iPhone cause of the battery life

Sent from a device I love using Tapatalk 4

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cckgz4 View Post
    I actually left the iPhone cause of the battery life

Because of battery life? Nah. It's just my opinion of course, but I think most of these new smart phones are pretty much alike as far as battery. The bottom line is, given how I choose to use my phone, NONE of them will last me the day. I'll have to charge it somewhere along the way. That's fine because of how I choose to use it. About the only thing I will not tolerate concerning battery life is if it died before noon (I get up rather early though). Fact is, battery life is probably one of the last things I look at these days. First I decide what OS I want, then I try and figure out what the best phone out there is that has that OS or at least narrow it down to 2 or 3 choices. After that? Research (customer reviews and boards like this) and putting my handds on actual device.
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    2,733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Connie Litrenta View Post
    Because of battery life? Nah. It's just my opinion of course, but I think most of these new smart phones are pretty much alike as far as battery. The bottom line is, given how I choose to use my phone, NONE of them will last me the day. I'll have to charge it somewhere along the way. That's fine because of how I choose to use it. About the only thing I will not tolerate concerning battery life is if it died before noon (I get up rather early though). Fact is, battery life is probably one of the last things I look at these days. First I decide what OS I want, then I try and figure out what the best phone out there is that has that OS or at least narrow it down to 2 or 3 choices. After that? Research (customer reviews and boards like this) and putting my handds on actual device.
    Exactly cause of battery life. Phone died incredibly fast. A 1440 mah battery for a phone with LTE is never going to.add up. I don't expect my charge to last all day, but not just foe three hours of full use

Exactly cause of battery life. Phone died incredibly fast. A 1440 mah battery for a phone with LTE is never going to.add up. I don't expect my charge to last all day, but not just foe three hours of full use

Yikes! If the iPhone 5 battery only lasted 3 hours it sounds like the device had a defective battery. Did you try exchanging it for another iPhone 5?

Global Posts
    2,733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura Knotek View Post
    Yikes! If the iPhone 5 battery only lasted 3 hours it sounds like the device had a defective battery. Did you try exchanging it for another iPhone 5?
    That's what I didn't do, but still figured that a battery of that size would work for me

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    That's what I didn't do, but still figured that a battery of that size would work for me

Hard to say here because there are so many variables. My daughter has the iPhone 5 and is a HEAVY texter. Not sure how long hers lasts but I can't imagine she would be happy with that if it were true. I'd be interested to know how your current phone is working out with the same level of use.

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zim ali View Post
    "Sales of Apple devices were pretty good in the fourth quarter," Elliott said, though he conceded that sales of the Samsung Galaxy S III were stronger.
    If you stand on the beach and watch the sea you will see that the tide eventually turns. i want to buy iphone 5s i need some advices tnks ;)
    If I was EVER to get an iPhone (not sold on that) it would be because of iOS 7 and probably iPhone 6 if it is, as rumored, a much larger device. Time will tell as I'm fairly certain we won't be seeing it til sometime next year. That said, if Nokie were to come out with a Windows Phone Phablet, I'd be all over that.

Global Posts
    2,733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Connie Litrenta View Post
    Hard to say here because there are so many variables. My daughter has the iPhone 5 and is a HEAVY texter. Not sure how long hers lasts but I can't imagine she would be happy with that if it were true. I'd be interested to know how your current phone is working out with the same level of use.
    With the same level of use, my LG Optimus G has exceeded my iPhone by miles..........on most days. Some days it likes to unlock in my pocket and go into different crap which makes the battery drain. But it's been a good experience

Got a little story now. My boyfriend has a Galaxy Note II with HORRIBLE signal issues. Problem is he bought it off ebay so there's nothing AT&T can do about it (plus he doesn't have insurance). He wants my phone so I'm willing to give it to him.......if he buys me another phone lol. So we agreed that he takes my phone, and we sell his Note so I can buy two phones: The Blu Life Play and the Nokia Lumia 822. Sounds like a win-win to me

Ambassador

Global Posts
    3,041 Global Posts
    How good was your leap of faith pal?

I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123