Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Global Posts
    2,725 Global Posts
    Actually the nexus 4 would've been cheaper but I didn't want android. Been there, done that. Kinda over it. Plus they don't have cinemagram LOL

LMAO awwww. I used to feel that way before but "saw the light" LOL. It's not that bad and since I have an Apple TV, this airplay stuff is great

Sent from something AMAZING using my pinkie
    Nokia Lumia 1020 owner here...

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cckgz4 View Post
    Actually the nexus 4 would've been cheaper but I didn't want android. Been there, done that. Kinda over it. Plus they don't have cinemagram LOL

LMAO awwww. I used to feel that way before but "saw the light" LOL. It's not that bad and since I have an Apple TV, this airplay stuff is great

Sent from something AMAZING using my pinkie
    iOS is just basically a dumbed down Android really.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    Is iTunes still slow? How does it feel in the hand?
    With an SSD, I don't even know what slow is any more! I thought it was ram this whole time that I needed more of... it wasn't. iTunes is as smooth as butter now.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    Black 16 GB today from Radio Shack. Happy with my purchase. I'm eyeing a surface for the next holidays but will be watching W8 and WP8 news as they progress and will still stick around on the forums.
    I noticed you on iMore and said "wait a minute...".

Good device. I'm probably going to do iPhone 5 and Lumia. Drop this GS3. Only use it for work. I actually dislike Android a lot.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod
    cckgz4 likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,335 Global Posts
    I've thought about getting an iphone too. If I could share pictures straight to the skydrive app I would probably do it. This whole WP8 release has kinda left a bad taste in my mouth with the unknown release dates and 920 exclusivity. Also the iphone 5 is the most powerful phone out there right now as far as hardware. I'll probably get an 8X though.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottcraft View Post
    I've thought about getting an iphone too. If I could share pictures straight to the skydrive app I would probably do it. This whole WP8 release has kinda left a bad taste in my mouth with the unknown release dates and 920 exclusivity. Also the iphone 5 is the most powerful phone out there right now as far as hardware. I'll probably get an 8X though.
    That A6 plays Doodle Jump at lightning fast speeds.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,725 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post
    iOS is just basically a dumbed down Android really.
    I like the ecosystem. Smoothest thus far

There is an official skydrive app but it won't go "straight" to skydrive. You'd have to go to the app an add it

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,335 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post
    That A6 plays Doodle Jump at lightning fast speeds.
    The faster the better, lol.

I like the ecosystem. Smoothest thus far

There is an official skydrive app but it won't go "straight" to skydrive. You'd have to go to the app an add it
    My wife has the skydrive app on her iphone and as you said can't share straight to skydrive. Other than that I really have no issues with the iphone, I just like the skydrive integration of WP and I don't want to waste the apps I've purchased.

Global Posts
    2,136 Global Posts
    Darn! Sorry to hear we lost you to the Apple Borg, my man. Well, I hope it works out for you. I'll miss you at the December STL Windows Phone Meetup.
    Rob
    Lumia 620 on 35orLess
    No simultaneous voice/data on iPhone 5 if you have VZW and are not using WiFi. I'm not sure if the 8X will have simultaneous voice/data. The Samsung Android devices do.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,335 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    No simultaneous voice/data on iPhone 5 if you have VZW and are not using WiFi. I'm not sure if the 8X will have simultaneous voice/data. The Samsung Android devices do.

Yeah, that's definitely a negative. Most of the HTC androids Verizon has will do voice and data at the same time on 3G also. It's not a feature I would use a lot though.

Iphone 5 is not the most powerful hardware. I admit, the A6 is impressive but the Optimus G and any of the Qualcomm S4 pro chipset handsets are much more powerful. Only reason those handsets lose to the iphone 5 in some benchmarks is because:

-IOS benchmarks better than any other operating system.

-Google Chrome slows down any browser test by about half, if Dolphin or Boat Browser were you used it would smoke the iphone 5.

-Iphone 5 pushes less pixels than all of it's competitors. Less than 720p while every other chip set has to push HD or HD+

Put IOS 6 on an Optimus G or Padfone 2 or Lumia 920T or Nexus 4 and it will smoke the crap out of the iphone 5.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,335 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomatoes11 View Post
    Iphone 5 is not the most powerful hardware. I admit, the A6 is impressive but the Optimus G and any of the Qualcomm S4 pro chipset handsets are much more powerful. Only reason those handsets lose to the iphone 5 in some benchmarks is because:

-IOS benchmarks better than any other operating system.

-Google Chrome slows down any browser test by about half, if Dolphin or Boat Browser were you used it would smoke the iphone 5.

-Iphone 5 pushes less pixels than all of it's competitors. Less than 720p while every other chip set has to push HD or HD+

Put IOS 6 on an Optimus G or Padfone 2 or Lumia 920T or Nexus 4 and it will smoke the crap out of the iphone 5.

I based my statement off the iPhone 5 review by Anandtech. Regardless it is a powerful phone, but it will be surpassed in the next six months or so by new androids.

Global Posts
    2,725 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Darn! Sorry to hear we lost you to the Apple Borg, my man. Well, I hope it works out for you. I'll miss you at the December STL Windows Phone Meetup.
    Can I come if I leave the iPhone? LOL

Global Posts
    2,136 Global Posts
    Can I come if I leave the iPhone? LOL
    Your plea is under consideration. :P
    Rob
    Lumia 620 on 35orLess
    Yeah, that's definitely a negative. Most of the HTC androids Verizon has will do voice and data at the same time on 3G also. It's not a feature I would use a lot though.

The Samsung Android devices also are capable of simultaneous voice / data via the mobile network.

I'd recommend Samsung, rather than HTC, Android devices. HTC had some awful build quality issues. http://gizmodo.com/5562741/htc-evo-4...-apart-already

Global Posts
    1,528 Global Posts
    I may be wrong but simultaneous voice/data is possible with LTE on Verizon regardless of phone.

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uscdigital View Post
    I've been using a gs3 these days because of a hookup from a friend. The OS is pretty nice but the phone is pretty horrible. Not a knock on Samsung since I think the focus line was decent but the galaxy is ***; I'd take a 5 over this hardware any day.

Details: lte glitch that burns full battery randomly over night, keyboard flashes... First bug is enough to make me hate it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Had a GS3 for two days...flipped it on CL...couldn't get rid of it fast enough but really interested in what is available outside the Fruit Stand for a while as I've been on iOS for a long time so giving WP8 a shot.

I got every iPhone since launch and finally moved to Lumia last week. My Reason for move was simply this. Windows is the most exciting phone right now. All my friends who upgraded to an Iphone 5 keep saying they got over the "newness" in 1 hr. Lumia keeps me excited all the time. Not to mention after getting used to the Lumia's heaviness I phone seems like a puny toy. No pun intended :)

Global Posts
    2,725 Global Posts
    Just chiming back in after using this phone for a few months. Still loving it. Haven't had the urge to look at other phones like I usually do. Even bought a second case *looking for a juice pack case that protects the whole phone*

Global Posts
    1,009 Global Posts
    Just chiming back in after using this phone for a few months. Still loving it. Haven't had the urge to look at other phones like I usually do. Even bought a second case *looking for a juice pack case that protects the whole phone*
    *twirls his Ativ S like a police baton*

Son, you are a long way from home....
    My next phone...
    cckgz4 likes this.

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    The temptation is there for me as well. I love my 920 but the lack of apps and notifications is making me lean to the darkside.

everyone with an iPhone, you really should jailbreak it NOW :P with the really awesome tweaks from cydia, it offers several things, it's still fast, customizable and the software is designed for it (unlike android, there are jsut too many devices to support) evasi0n.com

Quote Originally Posted by tomatoes11 View Post
    This sort of comment always makes me laugh.

Just because the iPhone is a 1.2ghz Dual Core, and Android/WP have higher ghz values, or more cores, doesn't make them any faster. Thats like saying a 1.8L engine is always faster than a 1.6L, or that a 1.8L V6 is faster than a 1.8L V4.

Apple made custom chips, and spent a lot of time getting them right, so they perform really well, are ultra energy efficient, and cheap, they then roll them out across multiple products.

Global Posts
    2,725 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by th0mas96 View Post
    everyone with an iPhone, you really should jailbreak it NOW :P with the really awesome tweaks from cydia, it offers several things, it's still fast, customizable and the software is designed for it (unlike android, there are jsut too many devices to support) evasi0n.com
    I'll let my boyfriend play with that and I'll decide then.

LOL @ crystal planet

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast